Academy AH-1Z Viper

Padubon

Hello,

I have been busy with school and I needed to stop with the HK Lancaster for a while. I had some free time this past week but I did not “feel” any mojo with the Lanc and for that reason I decided for a quick build. My top choice was the New Academy -1Z. 

I will only add the 20mm barrels and seatbelts. 

Modern US military helicopters, except the-64D, utilize the same kind of seatbelts as the ones during WW2 with some minor differences. For that reason I will use WW2 belts for the -1Z

Day 1:

The 20mm barrels on the Kit are not very good. They were replaced with the RB ones.

TWEKdf8.jpg

AF6uHsy.jpg

Day 2:

Not much progress on this day just the first black coat in the cockpit.

v7aBifz.jpg

Today:

Cockpit completion and halves, tail and bits glued together.

0Goq2cg.jpg

TLaWF9t.jpg

624QrNp.jpg

CnjZXpX.jpg

mklNu7N.jpg

Just got this kit along with the DN Models paint masks.

Does it go together as good as it looks in the box?

I will definitely have to pick up a brass 20mm cannon and some belts. Is that Radus RB Productions?

Thought it was only Masrer who made a triple 20mm.

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Just got this kit along with the DN Models paint masks.

Does it go together as good as it looks in the box?

I will definitely have to pick up a brass 20mm cannon and some belts. Is that Radus RB Productions?

Thought it was only Masrer who made a triple 20mm.

It goes well, actually I’m quite impressed! 

About the 20mm, I thought I bought a Master Model one but the package says RBM, so I really don’t have a clue.

D6BB4Pc.jpg

Edited by Padubon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice one! Great to see one of these being built. I've been debating whether to get one of these or not. I think I will.

The cockpit looks really nice.

I bought 2 sets of RB Barrels once for a couple of GAU-8's but I couldn't get the barrels to fit inside the holes of the plates, so I gave up on them, then vowed never again to buy them again. I had thought that maybe I'd bought a bad batch for one of them but I struck the same issue on the other set. Maybe it was just me seeing as everyone else seems to have no issues with them

Looking forward to seeing more of this as it comes along

On 7/12/2019 at 9:05 PM, The Madhatter said:

Nice one! Great to see one of these being built. I've been debating whether to get one of these or not. I think I will.

The cockpit looks really nice.

I bought 2 sets of RB Barrels once for a couple of GAU-8's but I couldn't get the barrels to fit inside the holes of the plates, so I gave up on them, then vowed never again to buy them again. I had thought that maybe I'd bought a bad batch for one of them but I struck the same issue on the other set. Maybe it was just me seeing as everyone else seems to have no issues with them

Looking forward to seeing more of this as it comes along

I’ll be back to it soon. I am pretty busy at this moment.