Lightning (English Electric) Completed

chrish

Thanks very much

I did re paint the fuselage with airframe aluminum and I think the tone is more realistic... I was fitting wings and dropped one doing damage to it, two steps forward one step back...The wing has been re-glued, re sanded and should be (hopefully) ready for paint again soon

The repaint on the fuselage;

nNADy5R.jpg

fz2r56f.jpg

Thanks!

I agree, looks much more true to prototype than the mirror finish of the polished aluminum. Wings joined now and landing gear attached, should be on it's wheels by the end of the night...unless I do something else clutzy

The toned down aluminium definitely looks better, either way, you have achieved an excellent finish. A bit of weathering and a wash and it will really pop!

Thanks!

I’ve come close to culling this one from my stash many times. I bought it when the kit was new... 2005? But after looking at the parts in the box I lost interest in building it. I knew nothing of it’s inaccuracies at that time and wasn’t aware of all of the inaccuracies this time but with an urge to finally see it done I pushed ahead, almost binned it again when the step- grandson damaged it, then I dropped a wing and damaged it... I’m kind of glad I stuck with it though, it’s been a good project. Trumpeter did a good job with the fit of the parts, if not so much the accuracy. I for my part am on an Alclad learning curve so didn’t expect much from my abilities to splash paint on it but the Alclad is a great product! 

The decals are on now and I have to admit to being amazed by their quality! The things went on like they knew what they were doing! Decals are my weakness and I get to the decal stage with a kind of excited feeling of dreading, these ones were pure pleasure!

I’m on my back yard deck enjoying morning coffee in the sunshine after 38 years of winter but, I’ll get in the house and put some pictures up later today.