Lightning (English Electric) Completed

chrish

On 4/27/2019 at 10:43 AM, mozart said:

We're long overdue an accurate EE Lightning in our scale.

We already have one. The Echelon Lightning is head and shoulders above the Trumpeter kit. Simply stunning. The problem is finding one you don’t need to re-mortgage your house for! 

12 hours ago, tomprobert said:

We already have one. The Echelon Lightning is head and shoulders above the Trumpeter kit. Simply stunning. The problem is finding one you don’t need to re-mortgage your house for! 

Hmmm, moot point Tom; not exactly easily available nor mainstream though Tom is it? 

4 hours ago, mozart said:

Hmmm, moot point Tom; not exactly easily available nor mainstream though Tom is it? 

I take your point, but in my defence you said, "...we're long overdue an accurate EE Lightning in our scale..." I say we already have one - yes it's hard to find and not mainstream, but in terms of accuracy it's about as good as you can get. When the Trumpeter kit is sat alongside the Echelon example, the former looks like a mere caricature of the real thing. :)

19 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

I take your point, but in my defence you said, "...we're long overdue an accurate EE Lightning in our scale..." I say we already have one - yes it's hard to find and not mainstream, but in terms of accuracy it's about as good as you can get. When the Trumpeter kit is sat alongside the Echelon example, the former looks like a mere caricature of the real thing. :)

Well I'd love to build one......read through a build from I think 2002 this morning and I could see what you mean about detail and accuracy, but where oh where do I find one?

5 hours ago, mozart said:

Well I'd love to build one......read through a build from I think 2002 this morning and I could see what you mean about detail and accuracy, but where oh where do I find one?

They occasionally come up on eBay and the like, but usually go for a pretty high price. 

Frank Brown captured the look of the Lightning so well - it just sits right. When you consider it’s a vacform from over 20 years ago, the standard is superb. 

You never know, a fellow members may read this with one in their stash and may consider selling...

45 minutes ago, mozart said:

(or "Jizz" as birders would call it)

lol - the differences in "English" meanings of words between the US and UK is amazing........

Dont let Grammy Google that one in the US!