Live Resin figures for HH-60 Pavehawk

On 1/17/2024 at 6:21 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks for the kind words! Would love to see what you’ve got on the bench!

any time in the Pave Low?

cheers

Pete

Right now, I have a pair WWII horse

soldiers. I can’t get the faces to look half way decent. The eyes are a bear! 

I did time in Pave Lows as a PJ at Red Flag at Nellis AFB as well as other training flights towards the end of my time. Your builds took me right back to those times. I still doubt, after 30-35 years, I can remember details. Besides, they have way cooler gear now. lol. 

What did your final build with this crew look like?

How did you get the water bottle to look so good?

4 hours ago, Green Feet Jumper said:

Here’s the final result 

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/82326-hh-60g-pavehawk-kitty-hawk-135-done/

The water bottle was easy..just a clear resin cast aftermarket product with an included decal for the label. 

6 hours ago, Green Feet Jumper said:

Right now, I have a pair WWII horse

soldiers. I can’t get the faces to look half way decent. The eyes are a bear! 

I did time in Pave Lows as a PJ at Red Flag at Nellis AFB as well as other training flights towards the end of my time. Your builds took me right back to those times. I still doubt, after 30-35 years, I can remember details. Besides, they have way cooler gear now. lol. 

Also look here: Kitty Hawk 1/35 HH-60 Pavehawk | Large Scale Planes 

For doing eyes on figures, I find it is easiest to do the eyes first, not worrying about how neat you are, just keep doing them till you get them right. Then fill in the face around them.

On 1/20/2024 at 3:17 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Here’s the final result 

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/82326-hh-60g-pavehawk-kitty-hawk-135-done/

The water bottle was easy..just a clear resin cast aftermarket product with an included decal for the label. 

It’s an amazing piece of art Pete! Where’d you get the crew for the 60? Where’d you get the 60? Do you think there’s a big diff between the “Kitty Hawk” and the Academy 60?

thanks for you help on this. Your build is truly amazing. I appreciate your willingness to answer questions and share info!

32 minutes ago, Green Feet Jumper said:

It’s an amazing piece of art Pete! Where’d you get the crew for the 60? Where’d you get the 60? Do you think there’s a big diff between the “Kitty Hawk” and the Academy 60?

thanks for you help on this. Your build is truly amazing. I appreciate your willingness to answer questions and share info!

16 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I'm going to be a bit cheeky and just insert this in here also:

7WVXMO.jpg

https://www.klp.com.au/product/building-the-kitty-hawk-hh-60g-pave-hawk-in-1-35-scale/

:whistle:

Kev

no worries! Thanks for the kind words!

The crew are mostly Live Resin brand figures..except for two: The guy running the hoist was a “frankenfigure” I created from body parts from a few different figures. The wounded Afghan was also a frankenfigure.

The Kitty Hawk kit is head and shoulders above the Academy kit. 

The entire process( figures and helo build) is detailed in the Ebook that Kev linked above. I think it’s Kev’s best work:)

cheers

Pete

On 5/21/2019 at 6:02 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks Petr,

“PJ” is a USAF Para-Rescueman. They are often called “Para-Rescue Jumpers (PJ for short). They are combat medics that ride in the rescue bird- You’ll see these black and white  Velcro patches for PJ, JTAC, CRO, etc. It’s  a quick way for them to be identified as to their specialty/function.

cheers

Pete

Well stated. PJ’s are the combat rescue medics that work with all other service SOF’s. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2019 at 10:11 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

2tvNXdS.jpg

7D86NRg.jpg

pmnwFe7.jpg

g5bsW8X.jpg

8G6EwLy.jpg

JTJcC38.jpg

Hello all-

been busy painting the Live Resin (and other) figures for the upcoming Kitty Hawk HH-60G Pavehawk. I’d like to get the figures done before the kit is released so I can simply concentrate on the kit once it is out-

more to follow-

Pete

13 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

I made it.

I used very small white dry transfers on black decal paper. Too easy!

Pete

Easy for who? You maybe. LoL I’m not that advanced just yet. I’ve finished on 1/35 scale

model and it had 3 figs. I’m sure I’ll get there at some point. I’m just trying not to eff up the faces On these guys. I have 2 resin modern figures that I’d like to make PJ’s so I guess I’ll worry about the PJ patch after I get everything else done. (Unless you want to sell a few. 

as always, thanks for your help!

It really is super easy. Find some very small white dry transfer letters. Model railroad shops are a good place to start. I think Verlinden made some too-

just rub the letters “PJ” onto some black decal paper. Smear some Microscale liquid decal film on top of the letters you just transferred. Let it dry. Cut it to the shape you want, and apply just like any other decal onto your figure. 
After it dries on your figure, brush some flat coat over it to reduce the gloss and yer good!

P