Live Resin figures for HH-60 Pavehawk

• 5 months later...
On 5/25/2019 at 7:33 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

meanwhile; here is the flying pilot:

LjxBV8x.jpg

Holy smokes these figures are impressive work. So much so, I can see the coffee stain you created with perfect effect on them man's blouse and pants, sure must have been a nasty burn..

On a serious note, I have guessed from the basket, the basket guide and rope guide, you plan to elevate your kit off the ground. How do you plan to achieve this? I own a few Academy kits in this scale, and they are both heavy and huge.

Looks forward to seeing what the kit builds up like, Kittyhawk has raised the bar in level of detail included, beating the Academy kits by miles.

Cheers,

Anthony

On 3/24/2020 at 2:09 PM, Stalker6recon said:

Holy smokes these figures are impressive work. So much so, I can see the coffee stain you created with perfect effect on them man's blouse and pants, sure must have been a nasty burn..

On a serious note, I have guessed from the basket, the basket guide and rope guide, you plan to elevate your kit off the ground. How do you plan to achieve this? I own a few Academy kits in this scale, and they are both heavy and huge.

Looks forward to seeing what the kit builds up like, Kittyhawk has raised the bar in level of detail included, beating the Academy kits by miles.

Cheers,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I plan on mounting it on a square brass tube over a wooden base...at least that’s the current plan.

I’ve done several in flight displays this way; but with fixed wing aircraft only- with the 1/32 Spad below; I motorized the prop...but I won’t be motorizing the Pavehawk. The trick will be setting the main rotor blades in a convincing lift-producing hover.

cheers

PeteBRKRg1u.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 11:24 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Anthony,

I plan on mounting it on a square brass tube over a wooden base...at least that’s the current plan.

I’ve done several in flight displays this way; but with fixed wing aircraft only- with the 1/32 Spad below; I motorized the prop...but I won’t be motorizing the Pavehawk. The trick will be setting the main rotor blades in a convincing lift-producing hover.

cheers

PeteBRKRg1u.jpg

Gorgeous SPAD Pete!!!!

What kit did you use for this one??

28 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

So Pete,

Apart from ME, your build has been seen by MY family here in Fiji ..they say you have an excellent  eye for detail and I agree.

:thumbsup:  :bow:

I also sent the link to THIS (and the Helicopter thread) thread to show MY Artist sister in Chicago your figure work. 

She says you have  captured  the flesh tones of the figures precisely without a doubt. 

Not shiny but perfect and your dog figure is COOL and have gotten the shadows on its fur quite subtle. 

Looks like a dog.

:bow: from MY sister too.

That’s very kind of you MARU..thank you!

• 1 year later...
On 4/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

This PJ will be riding up the hoist on the stokes litter with a wounded Afghan - this will be an in flight display-

9egaCPL.jpg

the Crew Chief will be running the hoist

jucFukN.jpg

cheers

Pete

The Crew Chief is not a rated crew member in the US Air Force. The Flight Engineer is the rated crew member - one of his many duties is to operate the hoist.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

This PJ will be riding up the hoist on the stokes litter with a wounded Afghan - this will be an in flight display-

9egaCPL.jpg

the Crew Chief will be running the hoist

jucFukN.jpg

cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

The Crew Chief is not a rated crew member in the US Air Force. The Flight Engineer is the rated crew member - one of his many duties is to operate the hoist.

Unlike the US Army, the Crew Chief in the US Air Force is part of maintenance and is responsible for launching and recovering the aircraft and conduct required maintenance. They usually specialize in a specific area. The Crew Chief is the person you see standing in front of the aircraft marshaling it out and then rendering a very professional salute. They are great Americans.

Just now, Zorro said:

Unlike the US Army, the Crew Chief in the US Air Force is part of maintenance and is responsible for launching and recovering the aircraft and conduct required maintenance. They usually specialize in a specific area. The Crew Chief is the person you see standing in front of the aircraft marshaling it out and then rendering a very professional salute. They are great Americans.

Just now, Zorro said:

As for the rest of the crew; the Aircraft Commander (AC) sits in the right seat, the Co-Pilot (CP) sits in the left seat, the Flight Engineer sits behind the AC, the Gunner sits behind the CP, and the three or sometimes two Pararescuemen (PJ) sit in the cabin. On the flight orders the AC is referred to as the Mission Pilot (MP) and the CP is referred to as the Mission Co-Pilot (MC).