Live Resin figures for HH-60 Pavehawk

The Stokes litter was a bit of a process. My first attempt involved soldering together a frame over a pattern from Shapeways- it looked great, but was too narrow to fit my wounded figurefv2AgVc.jpg

So I found a 3D printed frame on Shapeways, but it was the wrong scale. Lucky for me the designer was willing to change the CAD file to 1/35th and Shapeways printed it for me. The mesh is bridal veil fabric; stretched tight over a picture frame and sprayed black, then cut to shape. This figure is also a Frankenstein- made up of various Live Resin body parts...boots yet to be painted in this picture-

6nWbmQ2.jpg

vivWhOA.jpg

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

The wounded Afghan was also a “Franken-figure”

qWT7vQJ.jpg

d6SGW81.jpg

The belly wound in all likelihood should be a lot messier- but I wanted to suggest a wound; not go overboard with the gore. The blood is simply Tamiya clear red, thinned to a wash consistency. The blood soaked into the clothing was a wash of Tamiya clear red mixed with some clear blue to create a purple, darker color.

cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, CZPetrP said:

Great job. The multicam is perfect!!!:clap2:

What is it on the chets (PJ)?

If it is nickname (Special Forcces and SEAL), so why do they all have the same?

Thank you

Petr

Thanks Petr,

“PJ” is a USAF Para-Rescueman. They are often called “Para-Rescue Jumpers (PJ for short). They are combat medics that ride in the rescue bird- You’ll see these black and white  Velcro patches for PJ, JTAC, CRO, etc. It’s  a quick way for them to be identified as to their specialty/function.

cheers

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks Petr,

“PJ” is a USAF Para-Rescueman. They are often called “Para-Rescue Jumpers (PJ for short). They are combat medics that ride in the rescue bird- You’ll see these black and white  Velcro patches for PJ, JTAC, CRO, etc. It’s  a quick way for them to be identified as to their specialty/function.

cheers

Pete

Perfect explanation, Thanks. 

Pressing on with assembly- The pilots right hand is holding the cyclic, and will be painted off the figure and left detached until I can mate the grip to the stick. The other pilot requires a new right hand, as the only options Live Resin provides for hands are holding the controls. Because Both pilots on the controls at the same time however, is a no-no.

finishing these guys without the kit in hand is a leap of faith- hopefully they’ll fit into the kit seats without too much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

99kJXqG.jpg

h8qpqEy.jpg

EhDOUNv.jpg

Speling