Live Resin figures for HH-60 Pavehawk

18 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

Pete,

This, like everything you model, is exemplary. Whether you claim to know anything about the subject or not appears irrelevant.

These figures are without doubt, sensational.

Awesome work dude.

Cheers

Thanks Guy-

a compliment from a modeler as talented as you are is a real shot in the arm! Appreciate the kind words my friend..

Cheers

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all-

I’ve started on the pilots, so I thought I’d share the dance steps of how I paint these guys-

After assembling the figures, any gaps are filled with Apoxi Sculpt and smoothed/ blended with water and a shaped toothpick. When dry, they get a primer shot of Tamiya deck tan or Buff-

k5oghCw.jpg

then the the greens are laid down..then highlights dry brushed with a lighter version of the base color, and the recesses washed with a darker version of the base color

9Tlvkh1.jpg

...same for the Browns-

yASZaM4.jpg

...then the rest of the colors-

uHloq9W.jpg

its important to pay attention to how the garment is constructed. The pattern does not cross over/across seams-

more to follow

Pete

The helmets-

paint, drybrush, wash, and details-

cT2o6I9.jpg

The helmet on the left is all but done- the right is still in progress. The visor gets painted with a base coat of “black” then a coat of Tamiya clear green, then Tamiya smoke, then a few coats of Future to really shine them up.

8aje18v.jpg

lots more to do!

Cheers 

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

15 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Can you give a color call out for the pilot's helmets and visor, and cords please like you did the uniform?

Tim

Hi Tim,

for the helmets and face shields, I used 2 colors out of that palette list above; MC 922 Uniform Green, and MC 822 German Camo Black Brown. I just mixed them to match reference photos, but I never bothered to check/look for an FS number for the helmets- could be Helo Drab perhaps. The visors are explained above.. the cords are MC 822.

I mix mix the paint on my palette as I do each one; so each helmet is a slightly different shade of the same color, which I’m OK with. Also, the wash will change the color slightly as well-

cheers

Pete

Here is a group photo of most of the figures..some still in progress- if you look at the two green flight helmets shown here, you can see a slight variation in the colors that I mentioned in my reply to Tim. All 4 helmets are slightly different, and I’m cool with that-

UWNRgkN.jpg