Sepecat Jaguar GR3.A / GR1.A in 1/12th Scale

Timmy!

12 hours ago, Timmy! said:

AssembledLeft.jpg?format=2500w

I'm using a tablet to view this so I was scrolling down looking at the pictures thinking "this is nice" when I got to the above photo which made me think, "oh, Timmy!'s included a reference photo to show us all the effects he's been aiming for". It was only when I scrolled further that I realised that it was still the model:blink:

Absolutely marvellous results Timmy! :bow:

3 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

когда я добрался до вышеупомянутой фотографии, которая заставила меня задуматься: «О, Тимми! Включил справочную фотографию, чтобы показать нам все эффекты, к которым он стремился ". Только когда я прокрутил дальше, я понял, что это все еще модель: Мигает:

Абсолютно изумительные результаты Тимми!

You are not the only one:D:D

6 minutes ago, Timmy! said:

‘About the size of a coffee table.  Thinking about building one around the jet....

Truth!

Don't know if you ever saw that huge Kitty Hawk launch scene I did a few years back over on Z5? That measured 35x35 and I've been struggling to display it since finished. Have even thought of hanging it off the wall. My version of decor, versus the Missus' version of a Pottery Barn catalog don't always agree. And honestly, I have one small "I love me wall" with a handful of items. At this point, to avoid further conundrums, I build something with a plan of what to do with it at the end--either donated to a museum or to an Association/group (Skyhawk/Crusader etc) that will auction it off for proceeds or veterans that flew. Keeps me happily building and keeps mama happy that we don't need a hangar to display everything.

-Peter

On 3/29/2020 at 1:19 AM, thierry laurent said:

Holy crap! I'm very happy you did that in 1/12th scale and not in 1/32nd. Otherwise, I think a lot of people would stop modelling as this level of detail can not be reproduced by mere mortals! Have you already considered how to reproduce the main landing gear? Because of the kit weight, this will be a challenge as well. 

The gear will be a brass tube and rod structure overlaid with printed parts.  I am looking at metal printing options.  The trouble with the metal printing is the shrinkage issue and post processing. 

• 5 weeks later...