Sepecat Jaguar GR3.A / GR1.A in 1/12th Scale

Timmy!

15 hours ago, Timmy! said:

Time to take a little break from tubing!

Here is the Weapon Main Unit, part of the control of the five stores hard points.  It' s a good warm up for the cockpit detailing to come.  The main box was printed along with a block of switches and knobs.  The clear cover was cut from Evergreen clear 0.010" styrene and scored and folded to it final shape.  The upper portion masked and sanded to create the frosted border.  Fairly simple paint job, black body, aluminum wire connections, switches and cover latches and dark grey wiring boots.  After a coat a Future decals were applied and a little thinned oil paint was used to pick out details and add some grime.  Finally a coat 50/50 flat and gloss lacquer to unify the finish and the cover was attached.

Plumbing is about half done so that's next....

48457102172_f0c712619a_b.jpg

48457102122_709b31af1c_b.jpg

48457101972_715d59bc7c_b.jpg

48457101907_4a38257db8_b.jpg

More soon and thanks for checking in!

Timmy!

It looks like the real one!

Thanks all

58 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

I can’t help but think that history is being made here. This is so beyond what anyone has been doing up to this point- this changes everything I think.

brilliant.

Cheers

P

Thanks bro!  It has been so long since I've built finished parts.  CAD and masters have been most of my modeling for quite some time.  My finish chops are coming back.

31 minutes ago, USMC Herc said:

Nose wheel well check, WMU check.....Great pics of a real aircraft parts!!

One word from this Marine maintainer "F##K"

Jason

That is the correct word Devil Dog.  Semper Fi!

8 hours ago, Victor K2 said:

Fantastic detail, the toggle switches look like they are ready to be operated. Even the mod state (STI , service technical instruction) looks authentic.

They were copied from the real thing I'm glad those detail are not lost.  I'm doing my best to get the correct wording, legible or not in the finished decal.

Cheers,

Timmy!

On 7/30/2019 at 4:15 AM, Timmy! said:

Sorry buddy....I hear baseball cards are big!?

They are tied with with wire...still can’t find scale zip-ties but there you go. 

Seriously thanks for kind nod and following along.

Timmy!

I am sure I have seen etched zip ties in the model car world..... I'll do some digging.

I saw some just recently, after I posted that comment.  Found them looking at other, scale hardware.  From what i could tell even in 1/24th scale they looked way too big.   The wire solution I use I’m pretty happy with.  Doubly so when you consider all this detail is in the wheel well.

Curious to see if you come up with something else.  

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Quick update.  More tubing and parts added.  Getting close to closing up the nose gear and cockpit assembly.  Lots of parts needed to be modeled up printed and attached.  Plus no small amount of time figuring out where the plumbing goes.  I'll do a complete write up of the nose gear well and publish a complete article on my website once the assembly is complete.

48701070027_148f9f509f_b.jpg

48700560403_8fd3d98d8b_b.jpg

More soon....

Timmy!

More soon....

Timmy!

Edited by Timmy!

• 1 month later...

It’s DONE!!  Well the nose gear well at least.  It’s been more of the same work I’ve previously posted, just more of it.  Getting the last bits of wiring and tubing installed at the halves and front and rear bulkhead came together was a bit of a challenge.  The are a few lines that proved impossible to install.  But none of the ones I couldn’t get to can be seen easily or at all.  In fact there’s a good bit of detail that will be difficult to see when the gear and doors are installed.  You never know what will be seen or not until everything is installed so I put the details in.

On to the photo’s:

The CAD model as it exists today, a good chunk of time was spent updating the model with new parts for printing.

MGWellCAD.jpg?format=2500w

The completed well:

JagNGWellVert.jpg?format=1500w

NGWellSides.jpg?format=2500w

NGWellRightDetail.jpg?format=2500w

NGWellLeftDetail.jpg?format=2500w

JagNGWellRearBulkAssemb.jpg?format=2500w

The last parts to install were the “filler” parts that close off the well and define the door opening.

JagNGWellVertFill.jpg?format=1000w

JagNGWellRightFiller.jpg?format=2500w

That’s all for now…

Oh and I created a new template for my website, that I hope is a little more modern and user friendly.  Feed back welcome.

Full article here.

Timmy!'s Tech Jaguar Nose Gear Well

Thanks, as always, for stoping by.

Timmy!