1/32 Revell Me 262-A (New Tool) July 2019 Release

Thunderbolt

Revell will get the shape right. I have faith in that. And that's all we really need for a masterpiece to eventually result with the right amount of aftermarket and skill. 

I'm surprised ZM didn't go for the 262 out of the gate given they have already bothered to make pretty good examples of the Jumo 004 with their Ho 229 

A bit strange overall the 262 wasn't more hotly pursued by kit manufacturers than it has been. 

1 hour ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Based on my experience with the Revell FW190 F-8 vs the Trumpeter Wildcat, I would definitely say that Revell's fit is MUCH better.

I’m not sure that’s a valid comparison.  Aside from being two different aircraft, the Revell kit was tooled in 2017 or 2018, while the Wildcat was an early Trumpeter kit tooled in 2002.

27 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m not sure that’s a valid comparison.  Aside from being two different aircraft, the Revell kit was tooled in 2017 or 2018, while the Wildcat was an early Trumpeter kit tooled in 2002.

It isn’t. And the question pertained specifically to the 262

7 hours ago, Radub said:

There will be no sunch "instruction". The kit is largely similar to the two-seater. In as far as I know, on that kit Matt Low of this forum had some trouble with the bulkhead ahead of the cockpit which was a very tight fit. In as far as I recall, Matt "rounded" slightly the edges of that bulkhead and the "problem" disappeared. Matt may be able to explain it better. 

Radu 

I would have thought the same about the Revell F-18E, which came AFTER the 262 two-seater, yet it is in there. I hope not, I know you helped with the single-seater, too, so it should be good, but I worry about their QC right now.

25 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

I would have thought the same about the Revell F-18E, which came AFTER the 262 two-seater, yet it is in there. I hope not, I know you helped with the single-seater, too, so it should be good, but I worry about their QC right now.

The Me 262 and the F-18 were designed by different people and tooled by different workshops. The only similarity is the label on the box.

Radu

19 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Didn't know that, so as Rosanne Rosanna Danna would say "never mind."

roseanne-roseannadanna.jpg

18 hours ago, Radub said:

The Me 262 and the F-18 were designed by different people and tooled by different workshops. The only similarity is the label on the box.

Radu

The F-18 was made in conjunction with the local primary school & the RNIB.

20 hours ago, Radub said:

Radu

F/A-18

Not as an excuse, just an explanation. The change of the tool shop was just an economic decision due to the massive increase of parts against the earlier estimation. The designer made several hundred (literally) amendments after the first ts. Only some were followed, new mistakes introduced. After two years of delay, more than half a dozen not satisfying ts´ and a lot of extra costs the alternative of cancellation had driven away.

My personal hope is that this kit will be torn oop asap.

Regards

Andreas Beck

Yes that’s very interesting to know Andreas.

Now, can you have a word and get them to make a Spitfire Vb and Vc please? :)

As much as their MkII kit has driven me crazy, for £20 I cannot complain at the ‘value proposition’, and I would definitely bite at the chance to make these kits (Hobbyboss just doesn’t do it for me).

thanks

Nicholas

Edited by nmayhew