Revell 1/32 Fw 190. First build since 2001.

Longbow_06

RLM 75 for the cockpit is good, A dark grey, but all other inside parts, like the wheelwells would be RLM 2, A greygreen color. Vallejo has it in there Airbrushcolors.

You are doing very well, Keep up the good work.:clap2:

Theo

44 minutes ago, Theo said:

RLM 75 for the cockpit is good, A dark grey, but all other inside parts, like the wheelwells would be RLM 2, A greygreen color. Vallejo has it in there Airbrushcolors.

You are doing very well, Keep up the good work.:clap2:

Theo

Thanks, Theo !!

pretty sure I can live with the wheel wells now, but the next one I’ll make sure is right lol. 

I’m having to learn a lot again. And it’s a challenge. 

Im not happy with the cockpit seat at all, and it’s one area I’ll improve on next time. 

Lee. 

7 minutes ago, mbrman said:

Hi Lee,

I use Vallejo Model Air paints exclusively.  I think your problem is mixing them with IPA.  I use their own thinner and the paint dries very tough.  Even DI water would be better than alcohol.

Dave

I think they may have some of the thinner at Hobby Lobby... I’ll take a look tomorrow. 

I tried to get the Tamiya paint, but no where around here stocks it. 

Thanks, Dave !!

I got side tracked, and so excited that no serious issues developed, that I decided to close the engine up. 

Im hoping, but doubtful, that the painting goes as easy as the build. 

Cmw1RRv.jpg

The engine hood fit was a pain to get straight, but I’m pretty happy with it, right now. 

ofkiTwO.jpg

Next... On to small bits. 

I use the same magnifier that Brian (Out2gtcha) showed.  One problem is that after only a few months, the lens easily pops out of the connector on the frame if bumped.  I am going to try wrapping a little tape around the connection point on the lens to see if that helps. The other problem is adjusting the lens so it is in the right plane in front of my eyes after moving it away to look at something farther away.  It moves in two axes, and I have to pay attention to make sure the lens isn't canted when moving it back in front of my eyes. Plenty of lens cleaner or IPA with a microfiber cloth or lens-safe tissues is also a must with these magnifiers due to having to touch the lens to move it.

Your cockpit is looking very good.

Bill