Revell 1/32 Fw 190. First build since 2001.

Longbow_06

Welcome back to the hobby!  There are many of us that have returned to modeling after an absence and it is always interesting to see products that were not available back then.  Our eyesight may be waning but we've got more patience now, haven't we?

Enjoying the Revell Fw190 build... might be doing one of these in the future!

Guest Vincent

beware

your first picture shows electricaly operated MG131 (13mm) and your second picture shows pneumatically operated MG17 (7,92mm).

So not at all the same version of FW-190

Edited by Vincent/MDC

18 minutes ago, Vincent/MDC said:

beware

your first picture shows electricaly operated MG131 (13mm) and your second picture shows pneumatically operated MG17 (7,92mm).

So not at all the same version of FW-190

Yup, pretty sure it's the first one, I need, which should be reversed on the off side, as far as I can tell. 

I'm just wondering if I can pack that much wire into the frame without stressing something else, like my brain :D

Or is it the second one... Help me out here, a little :D

It's definitvely the first one. The second one is from earlier variants (up to A5 or A6, I think) with the straight gun cowling instead of the blown one represented in your kit. The most visible difference seems to be the shape of the ammo-feeders.

Cheers

Joerg

17 minutes ago, BlackCanopy said:

It's definitvely the first one. The second one is from earlier variants (up to A5 or A6, I think) with the straight gun cowling instead of the blown one represented in your kit. The most visible difference seems to be the shape of the ammo-feeders.

Cheers

Joerg

6 minutes ago, Vincent/MDC said:

if you are doing a f8, it's the mg131, so the first pic

Thanks guys !! 

Looks like I'm hitting the wires lol :D

2 hours ago, AlanG said:

Looking great so far. Giving me loads of ideas for my kit. I also love the SG2 aircraft colour schemes. I did a Hasegawa F8 years ago in 'Red 2' scheme

I looked at about 50 schemes, but was sure I wanted a late aircraft, universal wing, and bubble canopy. 

Its a really nice kit, so far, but can really benefit from some upgrades.