Airfix Mosquito Conversion to MK XVI

patricksparks

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realize that the rear third of the kit canopy was not usable, I knew that the front sections were different between the fighter and bomber variants but I didn't know that the rear is different on both, the fighter's rear canopy is totally flat aross the top where the bomber's has an arc all the way accross. So I had to make a pattern of the entire canopy, this is the first blush, I have to do some tweeking to get it more refined.JuyrAqo.jpg3nDFJV0.jpgMgpuRSU.jpgg3k00h2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Chek said:

Have you decided on a set of exhausts donor for the big Merlins yet? 

I ask as someone wondering about grafting the Revell bomber nose to the Tamiya kit with some improved Grey Matter 2-stage engines.

I haven't figured out the exhausts yet, an engineer that I work with has been trying to draw it in 3D for me so that I might be able to send it out for 3D printing, I made him a urethane foam model of a single stub in 1:6 scale so he can attempt to scan it.

• 3 weeks later...

A little progress, I haven't been working on the Mossie lately, have been tied up with my Harrier giant. I am lucky enough that I work with an engineer who was kind enough to make up some 3D files for me for the new Mosquito's exhaust stubs, I made a single stub in 1:6 scale out of hi-density urethane foam and the engineer used it as a basis to create the 3D files. I sent the files to Steve at "MODEL MONKEY" and it was printed and at my door step in 4 days !!!  $8.00 U.S. a pair plus shipping.

SaXV2Hu.jpg7LxfDZe.jpgW4cFCxN.jpg

• 3 weeks later...