Any news on the Italeri Tornado GR4?

Dave Williams

5 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I know *nothing* about the Tornado, but if someone (a "CAD-whinger"?) who does know the aircraft well sees something that's obviously wrong, why is it "pathetic" for them to point it out?  Should Italeri just forge ahead with it so the plastic ends up wrong too?  I don't get it.

Because usually these folks do nothing but demonstrate their utter lack of knowledge of CAD design, injection tooling design, or the economics of production and marketing. In this case, the comments seemed to centre around the gun ports, features of earlier versions... And therefore worthy of damning the project in its entirety.  The possibility that the design might cater for a multitude of other versions passed them by completely, in their bloodlust red mist fury to rail against the designers efforts... And it happens time and time again. 

Very glad it hasn't happened here. Yet... 

Edited by wunwinglow

• 3 weeks later...

MLG tyres have the regulation Italeri who-let-the-pressure-out-? look...

...but the rest appears super, to the extent my stashed Revell will be relegated to spare parts locker for this beauty.

Tony

CAD models aside, I'll be interested to see how they translate to moulds/moulded parts...

I suspect the Mirage III kits are based on really good CAD models - but the translation to mouldings wasn't the best. Don't get me wrong - the Mirages look really good when built (I've done 2 now) - but the moulding quality/fit of parts could have been so much better IMHO.

Iain

having spent a fair bit of time around tonkas, the CAD drawings are for a GR1 not 4 and its advertised as a 4

saying that i hope it is a 4, and has dropped flaps, and wing gloves other wise ill stick with the revell, there seems little point in the price if not as the Revell even with the flightpath conversion is still less than £100

Have they even shown any CAD drawing of the weapons or stores, other than the Sidewinders and wing tanks on the overall model?  The box art shows GBUs, but no CADs of those.  How does anyone know BRIMstones won’t be included?  I haven’t seen any list of what ordnance will be included and don’t see any reason to believe that they won’t include multiple options like they did with the F-104.  Also, regarding the fact that the CAD shows a GR.1, I’d say with a high degree of probability that those CAD shots are just overall body shots and Italeri does know the difference between a GR.1 and GR.4.  It’s likely they will do multiple boxings with a common Tornado core, like Revell did with their kit.  Seems very premature to speculate on what the kit will or won’t come with based on a couple of CAD drawings, but that seems to be the norm for the internet these days.