Any news on the Italeri Tornado GR4?

Dave Williams

On 21 April 2019 at 3:15 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

Most likely it would be on the Tamiya stand, since Tamiya is the Japanese importer for Italeri.

That occurred to me, too. Not long to go, and I'm thinking it's fifty-fifty as to whether there will be any kind of new aircraft kit annoucement from Tamiya. 

1/48 Corsair springs to mind, and possibly the Ling-Temco-Vought variety. Would sit nicely next to the Tomcats. 

Tony 

22 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

A Tamiya A-7?  Of all the things I can imagine Tamiya doing, an A-7 doesn't even make the top 250.

It's a joke Jennings. They'll then do the Century-Series-in-Japan range starting with the RF-101C. 

Tony 

Forgive us, just idle chit-chat pending any concrete news. Not a wish-list, but rather part of the probability games theory of finding out what something might be by ruling out what it isn't.

As Italeri market their kits in Japan via Tamiya, there is a remote possibility that Tamiya may have news at its Shizuoka stand in a couple of weeks. But then it might not.

I would treat the Italeri Tornado as vapourware for the timebeing.

Tony

2 hours ago, Starfighter said:

It was the same with the TF-104G - no shots were shown before the kit hit the market. Pretty sure it will be the same with the Tornado. 

Actually they did preview the TF.

https://www.italeri.com/en/article/754

Even if they hadn’t, it was just a two seat variant of a kit that was already out and well known, so everyone probably had a good idea what they were going to get.  A bit different to a completely new tool kit with nothing to compare to.

• 9 months later...

www.facebook.com/ItaleriModelKit

aeroscale.kitmaker.net

"Tornado GR.4 1:32 scale - Preview
we are proud to show you some CAD pictures of our new incoming scale model kit (2513). In the next weeks we will share with you more and more pictures (plastics, decal sheets, final assembly and painting tests…) to arrive to the release of our new fantastic kit."

Italeri

85174424_3580848008654460_72465359693299

85161475_3580848301987764_39938465934165

84863139_3580848685321059_24159447664295

84675811_3580848531987741_22620239962182

Juraj

As it is, that CAD looks more GR1-ish than GR4-ish, but I hope that means they will cover a lot more versions than just the last RAF types. Of course, the CAD-whingers have already started their weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth on other forums..... Pathetic.

I am REALLY looking forward to this kit, although my credit card seems to have gone into hiding!

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow
speelin g...

Might just take a peep at the CAD-whingers' comments. Usually the killjoys are three a penny but occasionally one of them mutters something intelligent, like the proverbial one in a million monkeys banging on keyboards which finally produces a work of literary genius.

But c'mon: a new M R C A !  I can smell the drying Humbrols already!

Tony