Razorback cockpit

hayaman

Ok,a very common theme but i think i ll be back to my fav P-47 and as a fan of precision and detail i like the most out of my kits,so what would be yhe wsy to detail a Trump s razorback cockpit?apart from scratch-maybe taking parts off det sets gor the bubbletop?...

Yes, it is but if I'm not mistaken (I haven't researched any differences between the two cockpits [bubbletop vs. razorback]), I think you might only need to change the aft bulkhead-armor plate...and use the corrugated floor of course.  That and NO INTERIOR GREEN!

Edited by Juggernut

12 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

The MDC cockpit is the way to go!

i have use it 4 times in b.tops,i absolutely agree and i was thinking cuting out dets off it(pumps,levers,consoles,etc)because i don t think it fits Trump straihht in,any opposite knowledge?

12 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Yes, it is but if I'm not mistaken (I haven't researched any differences between the two cockpits [bubbletop vs. razorback]), I think you might only need to change the aft bulkhead-armor plate...and use the corrugated floor of course.  That and NO INTERIOR GREEN!

Trust me,i ve surch that plane so much i know the route of its pipes!,i know the diffs...but does it fit right in?!(in terms of dimensions)-i see too in excellent builds the wrong int colour,after having difficulty finding ready made d.d.green(w.ensign),i found out Gunze s IJN green is spot on(spraying over the w.e there wasn t even a weathering kind of shade difference,as they were out of the same bottle!)

Edited by hayaman

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

What color(s) then?

Dull Dark Green,ready made from White Ensign,or if you can t find it i accidently found that Gunze IJN Green is spot on,there isn t the slightest difference,as they were from the same bottle!,and Zinc Chromate (yellow) every other "inside" part(wheel and gun wells etc)

Edited by hayaman

4 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

http://www.modeldesignconstruction.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/ModelDesignConstruction/_CV32040/54288/Republic P-47D cockpit set

It's a great set. Used one on a Hasegawa D a few years back. Thinking about getting one to try and use in the Trumpeter Razorback myself.

...and the guys have excellent customer service