Monogram 1/48 F-14A Tomcat

K5IKL

Recently finished, the Monogram 1/48 F-14A Tomcat of VF-84 "Da Bones" along with it's mate the big 1/32 Revell Tomcat. Used CAM decals, True Details seats, Master Model AOA and Alpha probes and Steel Beach chin pod. Definitely isn't the Tamiya kit.

Cheers,

Jerry   :piliot: 

F14A-VF84-1.thumb.JPG.42dd601ff01f4e8ab2f094034feac592.JPGF14A-VF84-2.JPGF14A-VF84-3.JPGF14A-VF84-4.JPGF14A-VF84-5.JPGF14A-VF84-6.JPG
Edited by K5IKL

Hi Jerry -

Nice job on the 'vintage' Monogram Tomcat!  :clap2:

I'm currently tinkering with the 1981 issue of this kit and having a lot of fun with it. The 'old' Monogram kits always provide great modeling value and freedom to try new things without the stress of stuffing up one of the newer (and way more expensive) ones.

Cheers!

John.

5 minutes ago, Leaning_Dog said:

Hi Jerry -

Nice job on the 'vintage' Monogram Tomcat!  :clap2:

I'm currently tinkering with the 1981 issue of this kit and having a lot of fun with it. The 'old' Monogram kits always provide great modeling value and freedom to try new things without the stress of stuffing up one of the newer (and way more expensive) ones.

Cheers!

John.

Thanks John.  That was my 5th Monogram Tomcat. Like you I like to build the Monogram kits.  The Hasegawa F-14 being nice was

supposedly a nightmare to build (didn't try one myself) and the Tamiya kit is to pricey for me.  With Monogram, if I screw it up I can

always get another one rather cheaply and go again. :lol:

:beer4:

Jerry  :piliot:

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work Jerry!  I built this kit as a teenager in the 1980s.  The box art was a USS America plane and I think I used the kit decals to make it look like the box cover.  I don't remember any real problems with the kit.  I built it landing gear up and flew it around the house many  times!

I loved how you could move the wings back and forth.  

Good memories.

:piliot:

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Ah Jerry.. 

Be Still MY Beating Heart 

:wub:  :wub:

Pure unadulterated  joy  seeing the Tomcat.

WONDROUS  work on your part Jerry.

:thumbsup::clap2:

KUDOS....:bow::bow:

Thanks Marus.