Sony Coder

1/200 scale Titanic!

8 hours ago, GrahamF said:

I still maintain the 'C' design team are in a little hut on a remote hillside with no internet, no trains and just a donkey stumbling over the foot hills once a week with supplies and spare jam jar bottom spectacles.

Graham

What gets me is that the Trumpeter management then say 'This is subject that is very, very well-known by many people. Let's give it to the C Team to do, whilst the A Team concentrate on the 1:144 Fairy Fruitfly'.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:18 PM, dashotgun said:

Wow i have always been facinated by the Titanic

However even though i live in a big house where the hell would you display it? Moving it into my garage to paint it would be a project in itself

Simply saw it in half and build two dioramas....

On 6/14/2019 at 9:09 PM, kalashnikov-47 said:

Something interesting has happened.  Last month Trumpeter set up an official Facebook page.

Now they are posting pics of the Titanic model and asking for comments.  And they're getting comments!

I do hope that they take the feedback to heart and make the recommended changes.  But the project

is quite a ways along, and I'm not holding out much hope.

https://www.facebook.com/TrumpeterChinaModels

That's the suspected scammer I spoke about a while ago... There already is an official Trumpeter and Hobby Boss page, why would they make a new one? Why use such crappy pictures? Why use a randomly generated email instead of an official trumpeter mailbox? I could be wrong but I don't trust it... 

Edited by EvilCarrot

On 6/18/2019 at 8:46 AM, EvilCarrot said:

That's the suspected scammer I spoke about a while ago... There already is an official Trumpeter and Hobby Boss page, why would they make a new one? Why use such crappy pictures? Why use a randomly generated email instead of an official trumpeter mailbox? I could be wrong but I don't trust it... 

That guy is William Wang.  He's in charge of Trumpeter's sales dept.

5 hours ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

That guy is William Wang.  He's in charge of Trumpeter's sales dept.

Yup, I've realized that by now... :oops:Kicked him out of our Facebook group for spamming. Still don't like the guy but I guess he's legit. :BANGHEAD2:

4 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Still want to know if they fixed the bow angle.  That’s a deal breaker for me if they didn’t.

He's being very vague about the corrections. Wait and see I think... 

Has anyone got hold of the 1/200 Titanic kit from Trumpeter.

I believe it has now been released.

From what I have seen in pictures of the updated kit there are still loads of mistakes.

2 hours ago, topcatter said:

Has anyone got hold of the 1/200 Titanic kit from Trumpeter.

I believe it has now been released.

From what I have seen in pictures of the updated kit there are still loads of mistakes.

Such as?

Not trying to be trite, just asking out of interest in this kit. 

jimbo

If you think anyone on this site is anal retentive about details (rivet counting), you ain't seen NOTHIN compared to Titanic nerds.  They *literally* count rivets.  I mean, as in, they count the actual rivets used to construct the Titanic.  

12 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

If you think anyone on this site is anal retentive about details (rivet counting), you ain't seen NOTHIN compared to Titanic nerds.  They *literally* count rivets.  I mean, as in, they count the actual rivets used to construct the Titanic.  

Oh I hear you; witness the one individual online who created very nicely detailed 1/144 scale plans of the “trio” and many pages of notes about details in question, only to finally shut the sale of his drawings down due to trolls and spammers. Such a shame. At least he has left his site up with much valuable info, but the drawings are no longer available sadly.

For myself, sure, I’d like to get it as close as possible, but there’s a personal limit. If I build this model as Olympic like I plan to, pretty much 100% of the people who will actually, personally, lay eyes on it (ie my friends and family) will at first call it Titanic. I guarantee. Of course I’ll re-educate them as best I can but, well.... Only so much I can do :-)

By the way Jennings, I placed an order with Freetime on January 31; I received a confirmation but that’s all. I’m just hoping they pull through ;-), I too understand they are moving.

jimbo

Edited by jimbo
Wrong date

And, I should add, the Railroad Prototype Modelers. They, too, actually count rivets. And then shave them off unpainted plastic boxcars only to then glue them to resin kits. I know because I’ve done it in a previous, better-sighted, younger life LOL. Of course, Archer has come to the rescue, sort of. 

The ‘RPM’ movement is actually quite fascinating and features entire weekend “RPM Meets” with days of seminars and slide shows and of course vast displays of models in all states of completion and finish. Great to see actually and I’d suggest them to anyone wishing to see fine-scale, quality model building. A quick internet search will likely find one in your area at some point on the calendar. 

jimbo

I have all the books written by those nerdy guys.  You want to know how the Titanic's toilet system worked?

I have that information.   My paternal grandfather helped build the original article in Belfast.  I've had

a keen interest in it since I was a kid.  Now people buy me any Titanic book they see, including childrens'

books.  I have quite a library!

One shop in town (London, Ont.) got 4 in last week and sold all 4 in a matter of days. The owner even bought one to keep at the shop so peaple can look at it, I have to say it looks nice in the box.

Don