box scale Cessna 182

chrish

Thanks for looking

it’s in the masking phase at this time for more colours ....hmmmm I should take a picture or two now that I think of it, to do a two tone 1957 factory paint scheme. The cowl top and window frame in black with a lower accent colour, right now I’m torn trying to pick that colour...teal, red or yellow.

I have masked and painted the secondary colors, again, not the best job of painting but with no decals for the scheme I wanted and a willingness to try, I did get fairly close to what I want in a retro color scheme and colour (the teal is home mixed Tamiya acrylics blues and greens until I got something I liked) I used a spare kit fuselage to trace out the shape and positioning of the markings (I had to use a spare because I forgot to do it with the one I'm working on...thank goodness for spare kits!)

In any case, here's some images of the 182 as it sits tonight, the tail is still masked because it's up for paint tomorrow.

"The plan"

FEArzs8.jpg

Teal colour going on;

SB7QAf0.jpg

masking off

9ecn1Nm.jpg

e0RrE0z.jpg

s58Chpr.jpg

Again, thanks to those who stop in for a look.

Thanks!

Well I've done a bit more painting, I'd say I'm at the ragged edge of what can be done with Tamiya masking tape, it's great stuff and has earned a permanent place on my bench!

I masked and painted the stripe graphics on the tail and that's it for the major paint work. I'll be getting back to assembly now fitting the wheels prop etc. I think it's got that '50's look to it now...

masking work;

NeLBiUl.jpg

Painting

i9nROI1.jpg

masks off

1srAtZS.jpg

9ZlP5JY.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for looking and commenting, always appreciated!

I'm down to, as the saying goes, the short strokes. Almost all the modelling and painting work has been finished. I'm quite tickled with it!

I know it's not perfect, nothing I do is even close. It does however catch the personality of a 1950's Cessna though, and is quite different from the many things on my display shelves. Another plus that.

Some pics;

Masking the prop

kKsVa0d.jpg

building a pitot tube and mount

2z8QiBn.jpg

Nearly finished, other than registration decals and painting the nav. lights 

hLhpezl.jpg

PP5dZ2g.jpg

VKJn4cn.jpg

WJIZDnv.jpg

I'll try making a windshield centre strip from BMF during the finishing up

fuG4c5O.jpg

Hi Chris

Congrats in this great work!

I like it, and the result is convincing - even if the dihedral seems a little bit too flat ;-) but thats only my own point of view, not a remark.

Rgds