box scale Cessna 182

chrish

Another fairly productive day, between gardening and weeding and going out for coffee with friends...I finally closed up the fuselage, filled and sanded the seams and attached and filled the locator for the original wheels (ahead of the cabin door) The tail planes have also been added and a test shows it'll sit on all 3 wheels, always a suspenseful test.

dbtKcqY.jpg

OW83Cu0.jpg

0q6Jk7R.jpg

I've finally got a roof on the Cessna. I made a roof from .040" sheet and super glued it to the side walls (after making some covers to hide the wing attachments) as well, the instrument panel is finally in as well. and plunge formed a new windshield to replace the kit windshield as the new roof and old window weren't going to work together.

AfuxPxD.jpg

igbeVEM.jpg

the kit windshield

gcGJBA8.jpg

plunge formed windshield

q6Amcf0.jpg

Got the home made windshield fitted, all super glued up and fared in last night and noticed today it isn't centered...Oh well, when I build the perfect model I can brag, that will never happen. I had to undercut one wing and shim the other to fill the gap by the offset windshield but, it's all glued together now. I've also get a better fit of the cowl and aligned the wheels (relocating them caused a camber problem now fixed with brass axles) I've also fitted the spat to the nose wheel (no pics yet) and have begun working on the navigation lights and anti-collision beacon, to be installed on the rudder top, not the fin top...I wonder how it was wired?

Some pictures I've found show no anti collision beacon....I may yet go that way as I think it spoils the lines of the plane having that big old flashing light on top of the rudder.

Anyway, a couple of pics.

Here's the acetate crash molded w/s before gluing in

vGRcCzv.jpg

everything is glued together here. Major assembly (finally?) completed

SpCEJ2G.jpg

BTM4JmL.jpg

uE5atOd.jpg

the only remaining kit parts to fit

u7VpzRS.jpg

Although...I did get a better fit of the cowling finally 

Thanks for looking

On 6/9/2019 at 2:45 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Excellent! The roof looks much flatter/better to my eye.

Lookie what showed up!

20190605_163337-XL.jpg

Even has an original (or closer to original) price tag and cellophane!

20190605_163506-XL.jpg

did you start it yet?

Hahahah

16 minutes ago, chrish said:

did you start it yet?

With a big Ol jet requiring all sorts of electronics on my bench currently, and my wedding and honeymoon coming up in exactly 2 weeks, I haven't had time to start breathing, let alone start another model! :lol:

Thanks again for looking and taking time to comment, always appreciated!

I've got some color on the Cessna, always one of my favorite parts. Some issues reared their head under the polished aluminum, I can accept the odd spot here and there. I'll give the Alclad a few hours to set up then spray the Aqua clear gloss then begin masking for the factory paint scheme (hopefully similar to the box top) 

yeEI25B.jpg

eVNQKSj.jpg

OlLCZoV.jpg