box scale Cessna 182

chrish

A bit more accomplished on the Cessna project...might have to make a 172 next?

I've had to install brass rods in the wings as spars to straighten a warp that made the wings resembled helicopter rotors. Better now.

I made, not accurate but more realistic door hinges and chopped sawed filed and sanded the engine cowling and fire wall to be able to install the nose wheel.

TnRG1IZ.jpg

XnnRY2V.jpg

Vb5Zzpi.jpg

couldn't resist a mock-up

omBW6LO.jpg

I have wheel fairings from another kit but, only two so I might go open wheels, or try to make a nose wheel fairing.

I spent a bit of time in the engine room...a detail here and there ended up getting out of hand. It's not truly accurate (yet again) but more representative of the prototype.

I made new engine mounts, magnetos and exhausts, I got frustrated after losing a precious scratch built header someplace made another, broke it, sighed and used the kit headers. I am making a new muffler and exhaust pipe though.

I haven't wired the engine...I hope to not go that far with my details!

The engine:

PvzSF7Y.jpg

mhsONK3.jpg

FdPe7pa.jpg

Hmm sorry about the poor photo quality.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by chrish

I have taken a bit of a mechanical step with the engine assembly. Since I added some details, and may add more...I decided to try to make the cowl assembly removable for viewing. It's not 100% because the cowl all comes off in one piece instead of a top and bottom half ( Unlike the Patbay Air 180 ) In any case, here's a couple of pictures of how my removable cowl may work.

The two components side by side

7l8UlRx.jpg

tail pipe angled forward

pEa1eJb.jpg

sliding into place

ZusPRdS.jpg

fitted, reverse for removal

d7uSe9q.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I appreciate the feedback.

I've done some interior work today (bouncing around all over the place on this job) I tried going for some "retro" colours in the cabin, a kind of beige white with wood trim and red accent. All Tamiya and Vallejo acrylic paints. Seat belts added by way of tape, a square of plastic and a smaller square of BMF for the buckle and release button.

New cargo door being scribed in

AxiXb4L.jpg

most of the interior parts completed...I think

LNoAOcf.jpg

A look in the doorway

glF67TZ.jpg