Jennings Heilig

Gee, I thought American Airlines was bad...

I have to hand it to British Airways... they’ve taken abject incompetence to an entirely new level. What a useless, unhelpful, rude bunch of utter boobs. 

As God is my witness, I will walk across the Atlantic before I ever again set foot on a British Airways aircraft. 

We have had very good luck with British Airways to and from the UK. And on the flight back, we got 250 GBP credits each because they said the planes First Class wasn't up to date, and my wife got an extra 500 GBP credit because they couldn't find any caffeine-free English Breakfast tea for her. Very, very good service on the whole. Plus the lounge at Heathrow was amazing.

I also have to say, I had a very enjoyable flight on American Airlines from Portland to Phoenix when we couldn't get a Alaska flight at the right time. That was also a first class flight. Very good service.

8 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I have to hand it to British Airways... they’ve taken abject incompetence to an entirely new level. What a useless, unhelpful, rude bunch of utter boobs. 

As God is my witness, I will walk across the Atlantic before I ever again set foot on a British Airways aircraft. 

Last year I flew long-distance twice with British Airways and they were quite satisfactory and well within expectations. The "golden age" when aviation was a luxury is long gone. If you expect to be pampered, you gotta pay for first class. On low-cost airlines you gotta pay for everything from a cup of coffee to the privilege of bringing some luggage with you.

What did they do to you? 

Radu 

BA upgraded a colleague and me, without even telling us, on an overnight flight from San Fran to Heathrow a few years ago and that will take some time to work off from my perspective.  V impressed.

American, on the other hand, managed to staff its cabin on a flight to Austin with crew who were, with one exception, too short to close the overhead lockers.

Just goes to show how wide a range of experiences a population has really.

Posted (edited)

A dream of mine is to get inside an A380. It won't happen though, but I am not sorry; there is no way I could endure a such long trips in a seat. 

Edited by Hardcore

7 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

The last time I flew with British Airways it was on the Concorde. Given the chance again I'd do that in a heart beat!

Cheers,

Wolf

i d go on the wing...

Posted (edited)

Could be worse Jennings.  Last domestic trip I took, I was stuck in the back of an American Eagle CRJ200 for over 3 hrs due to ramp delays.  Horrible service, dirty/beat up interior and the -200 is by far the most claustrophobic, uncomfortable aircraft ever designed.  

I’ll be a happy man when the last of those sh*t boxes has been turned into soda cans.    

Edited by John1

5 minutes ago, John1 said:

and the -200 is by far the most claustrophobic, uncomfortable aircraft ever designed.  

I’ll be a happy man when the last of those sh*t boxes has been turned into soda cans.    

I couldn't agree more, I absolutely hate flying on them. Terribly uncomfortable.  I specifically never fly Air Canada to Houston just because of that aircraft.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

just change your shoes now and then..........

Edited by Jack