Tamiya Factory Corsair *finished*

Gisbod

This is bloody great!

Using the green really is a masterstroke. The usual dark blue can tend to slightly lose the emphasis of the beautiful exterior detail that Tamiya have produced, but yours makes it really stand out. 

Forgot to say, don't let the macro-photographs get you down. We've all been there - kit looks superb, take a real close up and it suddenly doesn't look quite so good.

Human eyes can't differentiate the same as a close-up modern lense, so don't stress it. You are not building it for photos!

Thanks again Brian,

13 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Forgot to say, don't let the macro-photographs get you down. We've all been there - kit looks superb, take a real close up and it suddenly doesn't look quite so good.

Human eyes can't differentiate the same as a close-up modern lense, so don't stress it. You are not building it for photos!

.... And thanks Dean, appreciate that, and you are of course right. But I’m afraid I’m one of those modellers that at the end of the process all I can see are my mistakes. It’s a shame because I enjoy the process but always end up feeling a bit frustrated - they inevitably end up in a box in the garage or the bin!

Guy

It's all about a mindset. On every build I will see my mistakes to, but for every mistake i look for something that went really well. The outcome so far is that every build has more plus points than mistakes. That means i am overall happy with the buildquality and the things that went not so wel can be improved in the next build. 

With the things you are showing I would be very happy.

Keep up the good work.

Ferry

Thanks Ferry,

Yes, just need a more positive mindset!

Just thought I’d post a close up of the ridiculously perfect surface detailing. This kit is the best I have ever made - bar none. It’s going to be tricky building anything else ever again! 

I’ve added some factory numbers to the wing roots as per production line photos:

55-B55-E8-C-A907-43-F3-B5-EE-9087-D4-D51

Guy

Thanks Brian, Kev and Mike, much appreciated.

So it’s really coming along now as all the time consuming components are finally coming together. 

Here’s the tail section, I’ve replaced the control linkages with wire, nothing wrong with the originals, I just thought they look a tad sharper like this. I’ve drilled holes forward of the tail to accommodate the hoist pole. The final plan will be for the aircraft to be mounted on a frame as per factory pictures - I haven’t quite worked out how to do that yet. 

Guy

380-BFCF4-25-DC-4126-BB02-6-FCDCB61-CF5-

4-B7-C50-C2-2354-4-A3-D-A293-51-A85-D032

Edited by Gisbod