Sign in to follow this  
LSP_Ray

FYI: one day flash sale @ Squadron on Tamiya!

Posted (edited)

Is there a discount for largescaleplane modelers?  I looked and the Squadron price is $128.00 for the F4U-1A with their discount.  Please let us know more.

Jerry 

Edited by gerry1

Posted (edited)

And you can buy a 1/32 Tamiya Zero for the bargain price of 98 USD plus shipping!!! (but you can buy one every day on Amazon for 72 USD, and lower on ebay sometimes) Their "sales" are not very enticing.

Edited by BiggTim

Posted (edited)

You're right, my bad, that IS a pretty good deal, I just didn't notice it as I was looking for things I wanted. Just bummed it applies to something I don't want. 

Sorry to be so negative, I''ve become pretty soured on Squadron.They seem to be rather out of touch with the market, and with a few exceptions, don't seem to realize it.

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

40 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Geez, it’s almost worthless to give anyone here a heads up about any sale at Squadron because it just seems to bring out the haters.  Assume that no one’s interested in a Tamiya F-4c/d for $86.

2 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

You're right, my bad, that IS a pretty good deal, I just didn't notice it as I was looking for things I wanted. Just bummed it applies to something I don't want. 

Sorry to be so negative, I''ve become pretty soured on Squadron these days as their prices are generally quite high, even on their sales. They seem to be rather out of touch with the market, and with a few exceptions, don't seem to realize it.

Tim

I agree, as the same thing happens to myself unfortunately...............I've been burned by Squadron enough that I sometimes take a negative or cynical approach to them unintentionally, even when things are a really good deal like these. 

I just wish I had a need want for any Tamiya LSPs! 

Yep, I saw that too, Ray, and there are indeed some very decent prices. If I had the funds available, I'd be throwing five or six items in the cart.

2 hours ago, gerry1 said:

Is there a discount for largescaleplane modelers?  I looked and the Squadron price is $128.00 for the F4U-1A with their discount.  Please let us know more.

Jerry 

Sorry! I saw the discount number of $84.76 and thought that was the price!

They have a lot better prices on 1/35 AFV's: Matilda for $39 and their new Panther D for $33.59! 

1 hour ago, BiggTim said:

Sorry to be so negative, I''ve become pretty soured on Squadron.They seem to be rather out of touch with the market, and with a few exceptions, don't seem to realize it.

Tim

Maybe they have got enough complaining for undercutting their distribution business, so have pricing higher to protect their retailers? I don't know, I have used them mainly on special sales stuff where they heavily discount their prices.