Erwin

Game of Thrones 8 : WITH SPOILERS !!!!

What a great episode.  But from a military tactics standpoint it was a lot of stoopid.  

I didn't realize that Arya was anywhere near when she made her dash.  With all of the walking dead and white walkers around, thinking on the episode 14 hours later, seems a bit improbable unless her special skills could make her invisible to the dead.

But I guess the Night King had to go somehow.  I half expected Theon to have a shard of dragon glass in his hand as the Night King stepped over him and to deal the death blow by stabbing him in the crotch.  

Anyway...  Arya is a Badass!  And Jamie and The Hound are still alive.  But only one Dragon.  Enough to barbecue Cersei's army as long as they can't hit it with their huge crossbow that debuted last year.

If we take it for a given that nothing - no furtive glance, no facial expression, no off handed line of dialogue - is irrelevant in this series, did anyone else take note that in 8/2 Tyrion Lannister made a comment about being killed, becoming a white walker, then walking down to Lannisport to kill Cersei himself?  I find it very hard to believe that that was a throw-away line.

Everybody thinks that now that the night king is “dead” there are no more white walkers.  I’m not at all convinced of that, given how much longer the series has to run.  You can put a lot into 9 hours.

42 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I’m not at all convinced of that, given how much longer the series has to run.  You can put a lot into 9 hours.

I think the walkers are done. There's only 3 episodes left already, this season is only 6 episodes.

I thought it was awfully dark, not enough light. Going to have to watch it again to see what I missed. Agree on the military strategy. Once the duthrake(sp?) died dany went nuts and jon followed her. Isn’t that the way it goes, another woman ruins a good man haha

14 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Three hour and a half long episodes (9 hours).  I'm not at all convinced the walkers are done.  That's what they want you to think.

Under 4hrs left (78, 80, 80min for last three episodes). With the king getting shattered, along with the other walkers created under him, I'm not sure who would be above him still around since we saw his creation in the flashback, assuming he was the first. And Bran hadn't see anyone above the night king. Maybe you're right, but there's really not much time left to introduce a brand new walker plot or second batch of walkers lying in wait. I figured the focus for the final three is back on the throne. 

7 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

If we take it for a given that nothing - no furtive glance, no facial expression, no off handed line of dialogue - is irrelevant in this series, did anyone else take note that in 8/2 Tyrion Lannister made a comment about being killed, becoming a white walker, then walking down to Lannisport to kill Cersei himself?  I find it very hard to believe that that was a throw-away line.

Everybody thinks that now that the night king is “dead” there are no more white walkers.  I’m not at all convinced of that, given how much longer the series has to run.  You can put a lot into 9 hours.

I believe the walkers are done.  It;s going to take time to beat Cersei and her army...  especially since the north has no army.  Maybe they're opening a window for a spin-off series.

I was really surprised as I was fully convinced the war with the night king would be the final plot, not the war with Cersei. Frankly, I would be surprised if George martin had not foreseen another surprise for us.

However, I am still a little bit afraid by one thing: the last book is still not existing and he stated the series and books will clearly diverge. So, I hope he is not closing quickly the series plot to develop in a far more interesting way the final twist in his last book... Wait and see!

Posted (edited)

The first part of episode 4 will be about counting the dead and burning them.

Also some happy scenes for those seeing that their friend/family is OK.

And then the preperation to defeat Cersei.Trying to make an army again.

Only one dragon left.Either it helps Deanerys on the throne or it dies too.:shrug:

Another big question.Will it be a queen or king  ?

Edited by Erwin

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Only one dragon left.Either it helps Deanerys on the throne or it dies too.:shrug:

This might be a red herring, but at the :22 mark of the ep. 4 trailer Sansa is seen standing on the walls of Winterfell watching two dragons (presumably Drogon and Rhaegal). 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, coogrfan said:

This might be a red herring, but at the :22 mark of the ep. 4 trailer Sansa is seen standing on the walls of Winterfell watching two dragons (presumably Drogon and Rhaegal). 

Correct. In Ep 3,I saw a dragon falling onto the ground.I assumed it was dead. My mistake.

How they made Ep 3...

Edited by Erwin

Posted (edited)

I didn't realize that Arya was anywhere near when she made her dash.  With all of the walking dead and white walkers around, thinking on the episode 14 hours later, seems a bit improbable unless her special skills could make her invisible to the dead.

That was hinted at in the previous episode when she sneaked up on Jon Snow at the tree without him detecting her,  also prior to jumping on the whitewalker king, one of his generals appeared to look sideways as if he sensed someone passing him.

She also killed him  with the knife Bran gave her in that exact same position earlier in the series.

Edited by TonyT