Erwin

Game of Thrones 8 : WITH SPOILERS !!!!

I also really enjoyed Episode 2.  The theme was forgiveness and redemption, as we saw many character arcs and back stories come to fulfillment.

The producers gave a very polite curtain call to a lot of characters in that show who we have not seen in a while and are unlikely to see again, except when we learn they are dead.

Some really big names are going to die in the next episode as the Battle of Winterfell commences.

I think Jaime Lannister in particular will die a very triumphant hero's death.  

We will also see sacrificial deaths so that others will live.  At least that is my prediction.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, AlanG said:

But i see a few inter-personal/side battles coming into play too. We all know they can't play nicely with each other for very long

And there it is. Episode 2 and the battle lines are drawn lol. Told you they couldn't keep it civil.

16 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I must say, I'm surprised we're at the eve of the battle at the end of 8/2!  

That can only mean we will see much more action in episodes 4,5 and 6 when the survivors fight Cersei and Greyjoy

The knighting of Brienne, for me,  was one of the best scenes we've had across the whole series.

Did anyone else find it odd that there was so much discussion about who was going in the 'safe' crypt and who was staying outside to fight...

Don't the crypts contain all the previous Starks' resting places? Is that really a safe place to be when your opponent can raise the dead and make them fight against you?!

Ummmm

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Shoggz said:

The knighting of Brienne, for me,  was one of the best scenes we've had across the whole series...

I totally agree.

Plus, well acted too.Full of emotion  :crying:

As for the crypts.They will close it at the start of the battle.

There surely will be a scene when the doors open again at the end.

Who will come through the door ? The Night King or ... ?

Edited by Erwin

On 4/23/2019 at 5:44 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

I must say, I'm surprised we're at the eve of the battle at the end of 8/2!  

And eeeew... he's been making it with his auntie :)

I suppose that none of your aunties looked that good.   Luckily mine didn’t either.

Personally I hope Jamie and The Hound survive.  They’re two of my favourite characters.  I liked Tywin Lannister too.  But he’s long gone.

I'm starting to think there's a bigger battle coming in the later episodes.  Note who we DIDN'T see looking at Winterfell at the end of the episode.  And we've got Yara falling back to the Iron Islands, they wouldn't drop that plot point unless it was important.  My theory is that Winterfell isn't the most important place of battle, King's Landing will be.

Matt 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Note who we DIDN'T see looking at Winterfell.

We didn't see the Night King himself.But he's mostly looking at his troops from behind.

I don't expect to see him as front line fighter.

The battle at Winterfell can't be the last. Whoever wins will have to fight Cersei and Greyjoy too.

Edited by Erwin

New theory: Bran will Warg into the Ice Dragon.  Ice Dragon will take a bite out of or burn up the Ice King.  End of Ice King.  Bran will escape the dragon before it obliterates.

Sincerely,

Mark

I am really looking forward to what twist it will bring that Cercei sent off Bron to kill Jamie and Tyrion...

I also think that Danaris is slightly loosing it, becoming more irratic - maybe to start a collision course with the rest of the alliance...