Erwin

Game of Thrones 8 : WITH SPOILERS !!!!

2 hours ago, Chek said:

I see where you're coming from Ade, but you surely have to admit the mane and smiley face makes it.

I can also relate the diagram to my modelling. Series 1 to 4 are what I want to achieve in my build (I refuse to call them seasons. There are only 4 seasons, spring, summer, Autumn and Winter, I’ll also accept Fall if I’m having a good day). Series 5 is the start of the build, we’re not quite achieving what I had in mind but it’s acceptable, we shall push on. Series 6 it’s starting to go wrong but not quite something that can’t be salvaged yet. Series 7 and 8, well oh dear, let’s put it back in the stash and start another kit shall we? 

7 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

I can also relate the diagram to my modelling. Series 1 to 4 are what I want to achieve in my build (I refuse to call them seasons. There are only 4 seasons, spring, summer, Autumn and Winter, I’ll also accept Fall if I’m having a good day). Series 5 is the start of the build, we’re not quite achieving what I had in mind but it’s acceptable, we shall push on. Series 6 it’s starting to go wrong but not quite something that can’t be salvaged yet. Series 7 and 8, well oh dear, let’s put it back in the stash and start another kit shall we? 

Completey with you Ade.

I've been investigating F-104s with a view to revisiting the Hasegawa kit I first built in 1976, but this time as both Bundes Marine and Belgian silverplate versions.

The DACO 1/32 decal sets are an inspiration.

I'm looking at walkaround photos and thinking 'could those piano hinges and ridiculously consistent riveting patterns be better replicated by laser etching ali sheet' which would be more 3-D, or turning them into graphics and printing them as transfers which could also serve as a partial embossing template. There may be an element of mistakenly seeking to assimilate some of Peter's 1/18 scale wizardry into half the space.

In the end I too may just have to settle for a happy horse face.