Erwin

Game of Thrones 8 : WITH SPOILERS !!!!

2 hours ago, Chek said:

I see where you're coming from Ade, but you surely have to admit the mane and smiley face makes it.

I can also relate the diagram to my modelling. Series 1 to 4 are what I want to achieve in my build (I refuse to call them seasons. There are only 4 seasons, spring, summer, Autumn and Winter, I’ll also accept Fall if I’m having a good day). Series 5 is the start of the build, we’re not quite achieving what I had in mind but it’s acceptable, we shall push on. Series 6 it’s starting to go wrong but not quite something that can’t be salvaged yet. Series 7 and 8, well oh dear, let’s put it back in the stash and start another kit shall we? 

7 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

I can also relate the diagram to my modelling. Series 1 to 4 are what I want to achieve in my build (I refuse to call them seasons. There are only 4 seasons, spring, summer, Autumn and Winter, I’ll also accept Fall if I’m having a good day). Series 5 is the start of the build, we’re not quite achieving what I had in mind but it’s acceptable, we shall push on. Series 6 it’s starting to go wrong but not quite something that can’t be salvaged yet. Series 7 and 8, well oh dear, let’s put it back in the stash and start another kit shall we? 

Completey with you Ade.

I've been investigating F-104s with a view to revisiting the Hasegawa kit I first built in 1976, but this time as both Bundes Marine and Belgian silverplate versions.

The DACO 1/32 decal sets are an inspiration.

I'm looking at walkaround photos and thinking 'could those piano hinges and ridiculously consistent riveting patterns be better replicated by laser etching ali sheet' which would be more 3-D, or turning them into graphics and printing them as transfers which could also serve as a partial embossing template. There may be an element of mistakenly seeking to assimilate some of Peter's 1/18 scale wizardry into half the space.

In the end I too may just have to settle for a happy horse face.

Posted (edited)

The only part of that I saw coming was Jon going North of the Wall.  I never would have guessed Bran being king, I saw Gendry on the throne.  Dany, we all knew, was not long for this world.  I was surprised by her World Domination speech.  I thought Tyrion would do the deed.  Lannister kills Targaryon, again.  I thought Jon would abdicate and go North, leaving Baratheon, now a Lord, as King, again.  I thought it would go full circle.  Shows how little I paid attention to this show.  So this is what George R.R. Martin had in mind as an ending.?  Pseudo Democracy.

'WORST.

SERIES.

FINALE.

IN.

HISTORY!'

'I give it a solid 'Meh' out of 10.'

And your series final would have been what?

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

1 hour ago, dodgem37 said:

The only part of that I saw coming was Jon going North of the Wall.  I never would have guessed Bran being king, I saw Gendry on the throne.  Dany, we all knew, was not long for this world.  I was surprised by her World Domination speech.  I thought Tyrion would do the deed.  Lannister kills Targaryon, again.  I thought Jon would abdicate and go North, leaving Baratheon, now a Lord, as King, again.  I thought it would go full circle.  Shows how little I paid attention to this show.  So this is what George R.R. Martin had in mind as an ending.?  Pseudo Democracy.

'WORST.

SERIES.

FINALE.

IN.

HISTORY!'

'I give it a solid 'Meh' out of 10.'

Sincerely,

Mark

My ‘meh’ rating was for this rushed final series as a whole. To many plot lines brought to conclusion in a rushed manner. It’s been known these last 2 series were the last 2 to be made for a long time, more could have been done in series 7 in bringing things to a less rushed conclusion. As for my ending, I don’t make my living as a television writer and nor do I have any aspirations to be one. I admit to disliking the Bran character and thus my disappointment to him being in the Throne. It was his vacant delivery of his lines that got to me. That said he did actually seem to have a pulse in his final scenes upon taking the throne. There was a marked downturn in the writing once they went past the books and had nothing to refer to. So yes, I was disappointed in its conclusion as a series. Will I sign the ludicrous petition for a redo? No. No I won’t be doing that. Will it affect in any way what I do with the rest of my day? Nope. I am just someone who watched a tv show from beginning to end as enjoyed it on the whole. Just a watcher expressing my opinion. If people agree with said opinion. Fair enough. If they don’t. Fair enough also. On the other hand, I didn’t actually mind the finale to The Sopranos. Dexter was a let down not just in the end but the last few series of it. Battlestar Gallactica was ok. All tv shows that have ended and I enjoyed for the most part, like all shows there were weak episodes but I can’t think of any show that’s ended and I’ve felt like I’m missing anything after it done. Shows end, others come along. It’s all good. I’ll find my boobs and swords fix elsewhere. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Well, something more than what appears to be a script written by a fourth grader for starters.   All they really needed to do to ramp it WAY up would have been to have SOMEBODY - ANYBODY - kill Cersei instead of having the walls fall down on her. I mean seriously, how hard would that have been?

I think this pretty well sums it up for me:

CIOzh1.jpg

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Over hyped and under done.

I've always found it difficult to understand the apparent hysteria surrounding TV and movies, although I do enjoy a good series or movie.  For the most part, I accept entertainment for what it is, and then move on, as it's far from the most important thing in my life.  GoT has only reinforced this.  I found to be initially too complex to be entertaining, with too many short scenes, and then the series became overly simple for what it started out as, like the horse drawing above.  The books might be more interesting as that format can deal with many concurrent threads far better than TV and more so movies.  If GRR Martin ever finishes the books, I might read them, but somehow I doubt he will write the concluding books.

If the series had finished with the complexity that it deserved, then I might feel differently.  But TV and movie producers have to think along simpler story lines , so hopefully the next big series will maintain a high quality all the way through.  The producers didn't do it justice.  Perhaps they bit off more than they could chew?

Cheers,

Michael

On 5/17/2019 at 2:12 PM, Chek said:

(*WARNING: GEEKERY ONLY:  For instance, the reason faceless man (contract killer) Jqen H'ghar was on the road to the North and first met Arya, was because Ned was expected to be pardoned and sent to The Wall to 'take the black.' But Littlefinger's Plan B had arranged for him to be assassinated en route so when Ned was instead executed (Plan A), the Faceless Man's mission was moot. And then he met Arya... and well, we know now how that whole saga turned out)

eh?

How do you "know" that?

Plausible yes, but sounds like Star Wars alternate universe stuff to me; if it's not original ie in the original script or screenplay that we actually see, it might as well be any old person making it up

Saw the final last night before bed.

Glad the dragon lived.  #1

Really P.O.'d that Dany went from heroin to Hitler in two episodes.

The classic killer-kiss move.  I wish I could say I didn't see it coming.

The Dragon roasting the the iron throne instead of Jon Snow.  I thought this rather clever, allowing the dragon to demonstrate enough intelligence to see that Dany's ambition and mental turnabout was the real cause to the death of it's siblings and her.

Arya goes Columbus...not sure how I feel about that.  Seems like they were fishing for something to do with her character.

Someone said Brann would be king...  nice job whoever that guesser was.

They should have let Egrit live.  would have made Jon Snow's return to the north a helluva lot better.

The Queen of the North...  never really cared for Sansa.

The final Small Council scenes I felt were ridiculous.

Anyway...  that's my opinion.