Erwin

Game of Thrones 8 : WITH SPOILERS !!!!

13 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I think this eight season blockbuster phenomenon is going to end with a really dissatisfying fizzle. If Cersei is in fact dead in a crumbling castle at the start of the next episode, I’m writing a nasty letter to them

Steady on.

11 hours ago, Shoggz said:

i think in fairness that the standards of the programme have been so brilliant over so many years, it just makes it slightly more jarring this season that things seem a little rushed.

It's still been very enjoyable and yes, overall it has been a triumph of story-telling. 

I still don't see the brilliance personally, but I admit I have fantasy literature going back nearly 200 years that I can't help compare it to.

7 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

I still don't see the brilliance personally, but I admit I have fantasy literature going back nearly 200 years that I can't help compare it to.

HAVE NOT watched the series at all and the one time I sit down to see what all the fuss about I see an episode with 21st century mistake.

I rather watch Shakespeare any day... it has fantasy... tragedy... murder.... conspiracy... thrones being stolen.. and some romance  and intrigue  and epic wars and battles... ! ;)

I concur with you CATCplSlade. :clap2:

*So back to  your schedule....( not seen such enthusiasm in model making as in this Spoiler thread... just thinking out loud ! :rofl:  ).

6 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

HAVE NOT watched the series at all and the one time I sit down to see what all the fuss about I see an episode with 21st century mistake.

I rather watch Shakespeare any day... it has fantasy... tragedy... murder.... conspiracy... thrones being stolen.. and some romance  and intrigue  and epic wars and battles... ! ;)

I concur with you CATCplSlade. :clap2:

*So back to  your schedule....( not seen such enthusiasm in model making as in this Spoiler thread... just thinking out loud ! :rofl:  ).

This is a topic for people that DO LIKE GoT.(as stated in my very first posting !)

Not for those that want to let us know they don't.

So,please stay away from this topic .

Edited by Erwin

On 5/15/2019 at 12:46 AM, cib2265 said:

It wouldnt feel rushed if they released the episodes in a monthly fashion. Viewers need more time to digest the near movie length long episodes. I for one am enjoying this thoroughly. Yes there are some faults, and yes some characters dont get their "Skywalker" moment, but jeez louise.....

Give credit to the producers and writers here to attempt to film such an EPIC story. This is not a simple good guy/bad guy, triumphant battle at the end, roll credits story.

Well the Skywalker mention is apt as the producers have been listed now to do the next Star Wars film

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-reaction-star-wars/

Edited by TonyT

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

This is a topic for people that DO LIKE GoT.(as stated in my very first posting !)

Yes SIR Erwin...

Will do... :o:huh:<_<:coolio::frantic:

That's told ME !!  :wow:There's always a first time when folks gets personal and snotty.. 

I still think that they could have made this run for two series, the intrigue and juxtapose between story lines that the series has been famous for is lacking, it has in a way simply become a single storyline as opposed to how it was previously in jumping from stories and regions back and forth, but forming a coherent  tale that all came together to tell the story. It does all feel rushed, and to be honest all though exciting totally out of character to the story line it was following as Martin told. I will be interested to see how much the final books differ.

Edited by TonyT

9 hours ago, Erwin said:

But those who do watch can have a negative opinion on the progress of the final season, correct?

Or are we the type of social media that censors dissenting opinions?

This will be just like the end of the 'Sopranos" where they just ended the whole series with the family at a restaurant talking normally, then the screen just cuts to black, mid-sentance......

The loyal fans of the series were SUPER upset and started just such a petition.

It went to the same place this petition will..........

2 hours ago, DeanKB said:

People need to, in order:

1. Get a grip;

2. Get a life.

On the other hand, it is possible to consider cultural artefacts, whether books, plays, music, films or TV shows to be worthy of discussion without the implication that it's merely a sad reflection of someones social inadequacy. They can be seen as a gateway to one's inner life, which some are terrified of discussing while others are not.

Would you tell those who research and discuss The Illiad or Waiting for Godot to "get a grip and get a life"?

Perhaps you would, but you'd be the one losing out by absenting yourself from human insight.

Am I saying GoT is on a par with the previously mentioned works? Not necessarily, but they are of similar worthiness to some.

For those who accept the TV show with its limitations for what it is, without foolishly demanding re-writes and so forth, and who have read some of the books and therefore have some comprehension of the literary richness that made the GoT books a phenomenon which in turn led to it becoming "the biggest TV show evah!", I'd recommend the Youtube channel 'In Deep Geek' which uncovers plot points* that may have been missed by the casual observer.

(*WARNING: GEEKERY ONLY:  For instance, the reason faceless man (contract killer) Jqen H'ghar was on the road to the North and first met Arya, was because Ned was expected to be pardoned and sent to The Wall to 'take the black.' But Littlefinger's Plan B had arranged for him to be assassinated en route so when Ned was instead executed (Plan A), the Faceless Man's mission was moot. And then he met Arya... and well, we know now how that whole saga turned out)

Edited by Chek
added link