Release date on Revells new Fw 190A-8

oyoy5

Presumably the OP isn’t talking about the A-8 nightfighter, which has been out for a while, and can be built as a normal A-8.  Assume he means the A-8 Sturmbock, which is due in May according to Revell.  The main difference from a standard A-8 is the extra armor around th cockpit.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235014548-132-focke-wulf-fw190a-8r-11-nachtjäger-by-revell-released-new-boxing-a-8-sturmbock-in-may-2019/

Wondering if this will be released in the US?  

Revell has has had several new releases that seem to not be present in the US.  But have been in Europe for a while. And in the Revell on line store. 

Not 1/32 aircraft per say but several new kits. 

Paul C

I got the A-8 Nightfighter at a show here in the US; good price, too. The seller had a stack of them, the other Revell stuff, too. He was from Seattle and no, I dont remember his name! Big Tim might remember.

I haven’t seen US vendors getting any of the new RoG kits.  I think that the A-8 nightfighter was out before demise of Hobbico, so it’s likely old stock that was in the US already.  Notice that LuckyModel is getting new Revell kits in.  I guess they have distribution worked out for Asia, but still not the US.  What’s up with that?

That's my concern.  Revell is issuing a lot of new stuff, Revell Germany.  And with the loss of the main US distributor it seems that most of the large US internet suppliers are scaling down all Revell.  

Ebay has been the main distribution channel for me recently, and all the sellers are in Europe.  

Note this is not large scale planes, but Revell just released in the 1/72 U-boat series a very nice kit, which has a lot of extras included from photo etch to wooden decks.  Kit was out in Late March, showed up in most European outlets 1 week later, and eBay in 2 weeks.  Never has made it into the US.  

Paul C