DeanKB

New Modelling Den

7 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Yes, as long as it's securely locked, which mine is.

That's TEN plug points.

I'm worried about what happens if I run them all at the same time!

The lights in North Wales go out. Bloody Cardiff taking priority again *shakes fist*

I've tested the electricity by plugging various things in, and I'm still alive, so that's promising. 

I had the ceiling light, 2 desk lamps, the compressor and heater all running at the same time, with no problems. Also got my posh desk chair in.

awQUi4.jpg

Got the airbrushes out & plugged into the compressor, all working OK;

fYz8bX.jpg

I rearranged the kits under the desk, so that they were flat against the wall, rather than pointing lengthways out. That's worked well, so I've now got legroom.

jAJIiR.jpg

I4kBhj.jpg

Just need to put a shelf or two above the sofa tomorrow, for decals, books, bits of AM, etc, and I think I'll be more or less finished and ready to break the glue out.

An amazing project. Congratulations! 

Packing kits in double-walled cardboard cartons protects them from inadvertent kicks and scuffs, but it is nice to sit in what looks like a model shop. I think I'd just sit there with a whiskey and admire the collection — after all, you don't have to do any actual plastic modelling.

Tony 

9 hours ago, DeanKB said:

What kit shall I break out for the inaguration?

I'll tie a bottle of fizzy water to a piece of string, break it against the side of the shed, then stroll in and get the snippers out.

That Swordfish would fit the bill nicely ;)

Looking good Dean. That is definitely a modelling man cave you can be very proud of.

8 hours ago, Tony T said:

An amazing project. Congratulations! 

Packing kits in double-walled cardboard cartons protects them from inadvertent kicks and scuffs, but it is nice to sit in what looks like a model shop. I think I'd just sit there with a whiskey and admire the collection — after all, you don't have to do any actual plastic modelling.

Tony 

I tried the cardboard box storage. It proved too inefficient, in that I ended up with some spare space in each cardboard box. I need every cubic centimetre I can get! Plus, I needed a lot of cardboard boxes, and then I was labelling the boxes to remember what was in them. Easier for me to let the kits run wild in their natural environment. The odd dent does them no harm, and the kits themselves are pretty resilient, and I instantly know what kit is where.

Not to be nosy...  where are all of your other genre kits stashed?  I see lots of planes.  I love planes more than anything...  but at least 30% of my stash is armor and ships.

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

Not to be nosy...  where are all of your other genre kits stashed?  I see lots of planes.  I love planes more than anything...  but at least 30% of my stash is armor and ships.

That's it - no armour, no ships, no other scales.

I stick to 1/32 aeroplane subjects only - WWI, inter-war & WWII. Modern jets don't do anything for me.

"A man's gotta know his limitations".

Armour just doesn't interest me in the slightest - grey boxes with a turret & gun -  whilst ships don't seem to lend themselves to the level of detail 1/32 offers. 

I think Wingnut Wings cemented it, because 1/32 is especially good for the size of WWI aeroplanes, offering great detail yet not taking up much space at all.

At least, until the Felixstowe, Gotha, AEG & O/400....

OK, last pic, because you guys must be fed up by now.

I put a little shelf up in the corner, primarily for decals, using left-over 6mm MDF I used for boarding.

Ollie & Scooby especially approve of the sofa.

ZaqhDU.jpg

Posted (edited)

I don’t know why, because I have some for my own air brushes but the super lube  drawer made me laugh. Sleep deprivation from working nights and a childish mind. 

Edited by ade rowlands

9 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

I don’t know why, because I have some for my own air brushes but the super lube  drawer made me laugh. Sleep deprivation from working nights and a childish mind. 

And living in North Wales.

You're practically a Scouser.

Popped into the attic to get my HK Lanc.

Found this lot, including both the WNW Halberstadt & RE8 Duellist set and the WNW early Halberstadt unopened, still in the box Hannants posted it in.

msAtVD.jpg

Normally, I'm delighted to find kits I'd forgotten about, but when it's nearly thirty, including THREE WNW Dolphin's, two twin-floated Arado 196's, two Trumpy Me 262's, two WNW Albatros B.II's, two WNW Roland D.VI's, two I-153's - one in winter camo - and a Tamiya Zero and Tamiya Corsair, I really begin to question my mental sanity.

Especially when I've shifted kit boxes around to fit everything in nicely, and now I need to find space for another thirty - and the HK box is massive.

I've already got everything on Scalemates, so I've a record of exactly what I've got, including AM, but as I don't use it to cross-reference back to the actual stash, it's of limited value.