DeanKB

New Modelling Den

48 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I was cursing you, only a little bit - I have to be sensible these days! - plus I have the three that I need, all three for conversions.

Whoooooooo, what conversions are you doing?

using Aimes stuff? I imagine?

8 hours ago, DeanKB said:

£45 posted for the Ju 88A-4?

Too good to ignore at that price.

(But I should have ignored it, dammit!)

Well if you're suffering buyers remorse I'll kindly relieve you of said kit.

13 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Wow...

What a transformation.  A few days ago nothing... and, Bam!  It already looks like it's been in use for months.

What did you say you were planning for the space you've freed up?  lol

Gaz

The space I freed up will be used to store wide bodied jets.

11 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Looks great, Dean. Now you just need a bigger shed. :huh:

The thought crossed my mind.... But building this one from scratch on my own was not something I want to replicate again, especially bigger. It was bloody hard work, although ultimately well worth the effort & cost.

However, I already have another shed in the garden that could house a few excess kits...

13 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Well if you're suffering buyers remorse I'll kindly relieve you of said kit.

Jolly decent of you, old chap.

Just now, Out2gtcha said:

I think space limitations with the current stash may be the only thing that keeps you from buying new stuff man.   :lol:

It's actually very enlightening to have the stash in one, relatively small, space. It seriously highlights the absolute bloody insanity of it all.:mental:

Each kit I bought for a reason, usually a price that was just too good to ignore. However, even at very low prices, there is still precisely zero utility to me in purchasing a fifth Revell Mk.IX Spitfire - especially so whilst I have at least four Tamiya Spits in the stash already.

So, a cull will shortly be underway. As I'm a vegan, it'll be a bloodless cull.

On the positive side, I should be able to raise pretty close to what I spent. But I'm scared to work out how much I've actually spent, because it'll be shamefully, ludicrously, borderline-compulsive-mental-health-issues high. But just doing a very rough calculation suggests I'll raise a couple of thousand at the very least. I mean, I've got 3 Felixstowe's - why? What the hell was I thinking?!?! 

And then I've got all the accompanying AM as well. Decals. Resin. Photo etch. Brass gun barrels. You name it, I've probably got it.

I shall make a spreadsheet recording the sale proceeds - all those of years of doing an economics degree, MBA, Chartered Accountancy, etc come in useful at last.

At the end, I'll publish the figure - to be used as a general warning to those heading down the compulsive kit buying blind alley, like I've done.

Kind of like a "kit-stash anonymous".

I know a few here are potential members - on an entirely unrelated note, where's Rog?

Before I moved a few years back, I had kits in the basement, garage, attic, hobby room, den, living room and bedroom. Only when I went to move them all did I realize the utter insanity of a collection that large.

I've got all my sales on an Excel spreadsheet.  So long as you know when you bought the kits you're going to sell, you can do what I do: depreciate them by 10% per year.  Makes the bottom line look a little bit better.  :whistle:

Just out of sheer curiosity, is all that covered under the house and contents insurance? I specifically listed all my camera gear with my insurance as I couldn't get it all covered in the gadget insurance that comes as an add on with my bank account and no way would I want to have to replace it all now from my own pocket. 

3 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Just out of sheer curiosity, is all that covered under the house and contents insurance? I specifically listed all my camera gear with my insurance as I couldn't get it all covered in the gadget insurance that comes as an add on with my bank account and no way would I want to have to replace it all now from my own pocket. 

Yes, as long as it's securely locked, which mine is.

I've now added electricity cabling & sockets. I'm surprised at the amount of stuff that needed power;

Ceiling light;

Desk light;

2nd desk light;

Compressor;

Paint mixer;

Drill press;

Dremel;

Paint booth;

2nd paint booth;

Space Heater.

That's TEN plug points.

I'm worried about what happens if I run them all at the same time!

3 minutes ago, SCRATCH BUILDER said:

I just want to know where the feet and legs go  :doh:

I'm planning on donating my legs to science.

Either that, or add some shelves above the desk behind the painting area, and rearrange the boxes under the workbench to free up some more room.

That, and thinning the stash down.

And, I've got another shed. 

And an attic.