Jump to content
DeanKB

New Modelling Den

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

How is the stash looking these days mate?

 

Must be getting quite thin now. I haven't sold him any of my cast offs for quite a long time now. He'll be disappointed in my though, I've crossed over to pretty much exclusively jets in my stash now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

How is the stash looking these days mate?

 

Slightly Smaller!!!!

 

I've not modelled a single strut, wing, wicker seat or prop for well over 6 months due to illness.

 

But I've donated half a dozen or so to a well deserving fellow modeller in need - it's not as if I'm leaving myself short, is it?

 

Still all 1/32, still all WWI, interwar & WWII. No modern jets - I can spray a house brick grey & get pretty much the same result.

 

In fact, pretty similar to yours I think, with Wingnut Wings taking precedent, Silver Wings owning the inter-war period, and Hasegawa, Revell & Trumpy dominating the WWII period.

 

 

 

6 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

 

Must be getting quite thin now. I haven't sold him any of my cast offs for quite a long time now. He'll be disappointed in my though, I've crossed over to pretty much exclusively jets in my stash now.

 

Slightly thinner, but still nowhere near sensible.

 

Jets?!

 

You've obviously been spending too much time near the Mach loop. (I had to explain to an intelligent friend that the planes are not actually flying at the speed of sound).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

How is the stash looking these days mate?

PS - Check your PM's. I think I sent you one a couple of weeks ago, but then I accidently deleted all my PM's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeanKB said:

 

Slightly thinner, but still nowhere near sensible.

 

Jets?!

 

You've obviously been spending too much time near the Mach loop. (I had to explain to an intelligent friend that the planes are not actually flying at the speed of sound).


Well I do return home to Mach for a few days every month but there’s little to nothing flying through there for the past year or so. Too many photos of pilots doing verboten things ending up on social media and the like so a no go was put on it by the big hats. You missed my 1/32 stash sale when I had my crisis and scaled down to 1/48 though. Then the realisation that 1/48 is just midget scale. My sausage fingers needed bigger parts to fumble and paint badly. So the stash was rebuilt, mostly with jets. There’s a few props as distraction builds should I need them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ade rowlands said:


Well I do return home to Mach for a few days every month but there’s little to nothing flying through there for the past year or so. Too many photos of pilots doing verboten things ending up on social media and the like so a no go was put on it by the big hats. You missed my 1/32 stash sale when I had my crisis and scaled down to 1/48 though. Then the realisation that 1/48 is just midget scale. My sausage fingers needed bigger parts to fumble and paint badly. So the stash was rebuilt, mostly with jets. There’s a few props as distraction builds should I need them. 

Good to see that sanity prevailed in the end. Going from 1/32 to 1/48 saves space, but the amount of detail you lose is large - and, of course, sausage fingers and declining powers of sight don't make it any easier, either.

 

Saw on the news today that the Heddlu Gogledd Cymru are stopping English people sneaking into North Wales, especially those towing caravans.

 

If that carries on, you Gogs might be able to afford to buy your own homes!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...