DeanKB

New Modelling Den

5 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Nice!  And that's a fine looking hound you have there :)

Here are my two, Lulu (aged 14.5) and Trooper (an amputee who is about 5 or so)

EtRXeU.jpg

e2WtzZ.jpg

Gorgeous looking dogs - it's amazing how dogs adjust so well to losing a leg. They carry on almost as if nothing's happened!

14.5 is a good age for a dog, and she looks in great nick as well - still chasing tennis balls I see!

I've actually got two. Wife went to get one, there were two left and she just couldn't bear to leave the last one on his own, so....

20190521_113309

Ollie half way through a yawn, Scooby just getting comfortable.

They're mostly why I've got a sofa in the den, so they've got somewhere comfy to sit & have a nap, whilst they wait for me to finish messing around and take them for a walk.

It's a hard life.

I'd have been in the looney bin a LONG time ago if it weren't for my dogs.  Yeah, Lulu is pretty arthritic, but she's never out of touch of a tennis ball.  She doesn't do much chasing these days, but still likes to play catch with it.  Trooper came from the Tucson city shelter right after we moved out here in 2017.  He had been hit by a car (no microchip, no collar or tags) somewhere in the middle of Tucson.  To their great credit, the shelter ended up doing three surgeries trying to save the leg, but had to end up amputating.  While he was going through all that he contracted distemper because of the awful conditions in the old building the shelter inhabited at the time (their newly built one is gorgeous).  The staff named him Trooper because he'd been through so much and come through with flying colors.  Last year he ruptured his ACL, and in doing x-rays on that we discovered that before his HBC incident he'd had his left femur broken and never tended to.  It was a nasty (the nastiest I've ever seen) spiral fracture, and the bone healed in basically a corkscrew.  That threw out the geometry of his knee, which caused the ACL rupture.  He came through that surgery with flying colors as well.  He's the sweetest boy in the world.  Dumb as a box of rocks, but sweet as can be.  

Here are a couple of pics of Lulu in her younger, more vigorous and athletic days.  She loves the water...

PSpxtw.jpg

Wmb2tx.jpg

Lovely pics. Good on you for getting a rescue dog, especially one with a leg missing. I think they end up so happy, and they always let you know.

My pair hate water. I've taken them to a few beaches, and they'll run and run and run, except into the water, which they treat like it's acid. Never had a dog that didn't love running into the waves, let alone two.

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

Good on you for getting a rescue dog, especially one with a leg missing. I think they end up so happy, and they always let you know.

Trooper is in *no* way disabled.  He can counter surf with the best of them.  And he can book around the back yard with lightning speed.  And yes, he's the happiest dog ever.  He always has a big goofy smile on his face.

Posted (edited)

For those interested I’m willing to sell you Deans address. I will consider trades for 1/32 kits.I have an extensive wants list.  My plan was to hire a mobile crane, lift the whole bloody shed, contents included and make like a bandit back to my mud hut in the inhospitable Northern hill country. Or alternatively I’m willing to take several kits from Dean to not sell you all his address and test his security. Of course, the only fly in the ointment is he has my address. 

Edited by ade rowlands

1 minute ago, ade rowlands said:

For those interested I’m willing to sell you Deans address. I will consider trades for 1/32 kits.I have an extensive wants list.  My plan was to hire a mobile crane, lift the whole bloody shed, contents included and make like a bandit back to my mud hut in the inhospitable Northern hill country. Or alternatively I’m willing to take several kits from Dean to not sell you all his address and test his security. Of course, the only fly in the ointment is he has my address. 

And I'd probably still be in it. With two angry dogs.

Being North Wales, a decent empty shed in your garden could triple the value of your house.

10 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

And I'd probably still be in it. With two angry dogs.

Being North Wales, a decent empty shed in your garden could triple the value of your house.

Well it would make an interesting East Wing to my Versailles Palace like abode. 

Just now, ade rowlands said:

Well it would make an interesting East Wing to my Versailles Palace like abode. 

If I had a toilet in the shed, you'd have an indoor toilet at last.

5 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

None of that indoor plumbing here. Makes you soft. 

You Gogs always look so wide-eyed visiting Cardiff, now I know why!

OK Dean, I just read through this entire thread and I have to say I'm sufficiently impressed.  You've done a superb job in constructing a really super working area that you will enjoy for years.  I built a shed two years ago as well, but it's for my lawnmower, snowblower, shop  vacuum, potting soil, garden tools and the like.  After reading about yours I asked my wife if I could build another one like yours.  I'm not going to tell you about the look she gave me!

GREAT JOB!!!

Larry