Jan_G

New 1/32 wheels producer - Halberd Models

Am I misreading Halberd's material?  It looks to me that the black "tire" piece is SOFT RESIN, - NOT VINYL.  Would this not eliminate any possibility of the dreaded "melt down" effect and make weathering much more effective? 

I'm also intrigued with the process of "adjusting the tire pressure" (adjusting the drawdown) from fully inflated to completely flat.  Would love to have additional information on how this is accomplished.

Norm. 

They are NOT vinyl. They are some industrial rubber-like pourable resin material. To me, they appear to be similar to soft O-ring gasket material.

Hello dear modelers.
That's right, our wheels are neither vinyl nor rubber.
They are made of polyurethane composites, like discs.
Only hard disks and soft tires.
After polymerization, tires do not melt plastic and resin.
We have been using this material for more than five years and to date there has not been a single criticism that the tires damaged the model.
I hope the number by February 10, I can already show our new wheels with a drawdown on the tires.
Thank you all for your interest in our kits.
Sincerely from Ukraine, Andrey.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:47 PM, Halberd Models said:

Hello dear modelers.
That's right, our wheels are neither vinyl nor rubber.
They are made of polyurethane composites, like discs.
Only hard disks and soft tires.
After polymerization, tires do not melt plastic and resin.
We have been using this material for more than five years and to date there has not been a single criticism that the tires damaged the model.
I hope the number by February 10, I can already show our new wheels with a drawdown on the tires.
Thank you all for your interest in our kits.
Sincerely from Ukraine, Andrey.

That is wonderful to hear! Many thanks for bringing suitable materials to the problem. I wish you all success with your products! 

I have no problem recommending Halberd's wheel/tyre sets, I bought their 1\32 B24 lib set and liked it so much I went for their 1\32 B17 Fortress set; superb detail and Andrey gets his research right as they're the correct scale size - and come with the tailwheel, too!  I anticipate getting his Lancaster set when the WNW  Lanc comes out. Try 'em!!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo