Revell 1/32 Ju88

Vynce804

Looking great!  That engine really looks the biz

8 hours ago, Neo said:

Ok i was not expecting an inline engine with the shape of those housing. I tough this baby was using radials

Yep, 

The Germans seemed to use that rad configuration a lot with their DB 600 series engines.  Odd looking for sure, but seemed to work for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement so far....the more I get into this kit I think I’m going to need all the encouragement I can get!  The fuselage is now together and I’m struggling to get all the nose glazing on but I’m sure I’ll get there in the end.  As a distraction I spent some time on the engine and firewall.  I thought everything was going great and had the engine together when I realised the exhaust stacks were way too far inboard of the nacelle and that there is actually quite large boxy structures either side of the block which set the exhausts further outboard.  Well out came the knife and after a couple of hours of hacking and grafting on of evergreen rod I finally had something reasonable.  It’s not perfect but will pass muster to the casual observer I hope.....I guess these teething  troubles were inevitable as the engine is from a bf109 after all! Anyway onwards and upwards and I had better get back to trying not to break the canopy.

cheers

Matt

s0vrznx.jpg

MFS9zKq.jpg

wNtFXvH.jpg

YgFS8EO.jpg

What an iconic shape of the war. Never made one myself but I’ve nearly purchased a few, that is a massive amount of glazing.

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd
Stupid autocorrect, corrected!

Coming along very nicely indeed, good work that man.

One of my favourite kits, just great value.

I love the Revell approach to kits - cheap, with a good basic shape, decent detail and Eduard will provide extra detail if you want it.