1/32 AFV F-16 Block 52

zipper

Hi All,

I was wondering how easy this kit would be to back date to a Aggressor F-16D block 30, I know the intake/engine combo probably isnt right so would look at zactomodels for the intake and elsewhere for the right exhaust. I was just wondering if it had the hump (not sure what it is called) behind the cockpit canopy in the kit or is it just the straight front to tail spine. I’ve managed to find instructions for the kit but nothing on parts breakdown or open box reviews. 

Many thanks,

Ashley

It's basically the Academy kit with SUFA parts removed. Like you mentioned you'd need to swap out the intake and exhaust from what's in the box. You're on your own though for the earlier lightweight gear and unbulged doors for a block 30.

The spine in the kit is a normal D, the extra stuff just attaches on top, so you can build a plain D.

1 minute ago, zipper said:

Argh, forgot about the undercarriage. Am

I better off looking for a SUFA boxing instead?

Thank you for your help. 

Depends what you can get the cheapest for if you're just looking for a D. All seem pricey now. I don't think Academy even made the lightweight gear and unbulged doors of that's what you mean. AFV Club's (sorta) F-16B boxing has some resin unbulged doors, but that kit seems to be $200+.

8 minutes ago, zipper said:

Argh, forgot about the undercarriage. Am

I better off looking for a SUFA boxing instead?

Thank you for your help. 

Not really.  The Sufa is a Block 52+ also, so it doesn’t have the the lightweight gear and flat gear doors either.  The AFV Club kit is the Sufa plastic with I believe the Israeli weapons sprues deleted and a couple of resin missiles added in.

You’ll probably want the AFV Club F-16B Block 20 kit, which is also the Sufa plastic, but has the narrow wheels and flat gear doors in resin.

Edited by Dave Williams

Thank you both for your replies, forgot about the undercarriage. Hmm, might have to try and hunt a B kit out then in the UK which I’ve never listed on websites. 

Thank you once again. 

Get the SUFA.  So many options in that box and so many left over goodies for future builds.  Sourcing doors and gear for early blocks shouldn’t be that hard to find.  

I’m building one right now as a US version of the SCANG Swamp Fox squadron.  My Doc is the flight surgeon for the 169th and he gets back seat time in the plane I’m building.  Hoping to have it done by May 8th, my next appointment.  

10 hours ago, F16 said:

Hi

Well, Scale Aircraft Conversions  -SAC- has the Lightweigth MLG  at https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SAC32012

Also, try Wheeliant (by Aires) 

F16

Ya, I meant "on your own" as far as they're not included in the Academy/AFV kits. That SAC gear though would still be missing the rest of the struts/arms I think that were also different from the lightweight gear? Not sure how much effort it would be too to install the SAC gear into the Academy kits since they're designed for the Hasegawa kit. Even more expensive option of course is to rob the gear/door parts from the Tamiya block 32 kit.

That Wheeliant set are the later fat tires for block 40 and later blocks if I'm not mistaken.