Bell 47 Medical: FINISHED.

Erwin

I built this kit (in its Revell reboxing) for the "Mostly Civil GB". It is a nice kit that shows its age (lots of flash and prepping necessary) but the good surprise was that the transparency was a good fit. Sadly I lost this kit while cleaning up the display cabinet, maybe I will do another one in the future but after the building the KH Blackhawks in all its iterations...

Edited by Dukie99

1 hour ago, Dukie99 said:

I built this kit (in its Revell reboxing) for the "Mostly Civil GB". It is a nice kit that shows its age (lots of flash and prepping necessary) but the good surprise was that the transparency was a good fit. 

My kit must be one of the early ones.No flash at all.

The instructions are basic.It will take some time to understand them.

I shall build it "out of box". I need to enter some build in our contest.

And I did promise Jack,who gave me this kit,to build it just for that reason.

Edited by Erwin

1 hour ago, Dukie99 said:

I built this kit (in its Revell reboxing) for the "Mostly Civil GB". It is a nice kit that shows its age (lots of flash and prepping necessary) but the good surprise was that the transparency was a good fit. Sadly I lost this kit while cleaning up the display cabinet, maybe I will do another one in the future but after the building the KH Blackhawks in all its iterations...

I was unaware that Revell ever re-boxed the MRC kit.

Bell-OH-13E-Sioux-EVG-2015-5585.jpg

In case it helps, here are a few of my pics of the OH-13E Sioux (Military version of the Model 47 D-1) 51-13934 on display at the Evergreen Aviation Museum in 2015.

In the background is some sort of big airplane made out of wood... mostly spruce I think.

Bell-OH-13E-Sioux-EVG-2015-5593.jpg

-

Bell-OH-13E-Sioux-EVG-2015-5590.jpg

-

Bell-OH-13E-Sioux-EVG-2015-5583.jpg

-

Bell-OH-13E-Sioux-EVG-2015-5594.jpg

-----

and the OH-13E Sioux 51-14175 I photographed last year at the Yanks Air Museum in Chino

Bell-47D-1-Yanks-04-11-18-7363.jpg

-

Bell-47D-1-Yanks-04-11-18-7361.jpg

I also have pics of other variants of the Model 47 but the later versions are a bit different.

Let me know if you'd like to see them in case there is some sort of value as reference shots.

8 hours ago, Ol' Scrapiron said:

I also have pics of other variants of the Model 47 but the later versions are a bit different.

Let me know if you'd like to see them in case there is some sort of value as reference shots.

I intend to build it without the doors.

Should I paint a frame around the openings or not ?

The canopy is molded without frames.

Edited by Erwin