How nice it would be......

Starfighter Jock

I really think that absolutely ANY new LSP that Tamiya-san comes up with will sell like hot-cakes.  A new Tamiya LSP is about the only model Id plan (and DO plan) on buying site unseen. 

A new tool Tamiya B/C P-51 LSP would be a licence to print money IMHO.  Same for a Tamiya P-38. Any LSP they come up with could arguable considered the preeminent version of whatever it is, and will sell well.

I have no clue what Tamiya-sans actual next new LSP will be; but I know Ill be buying one!   

2 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

Noooo not until I finish my Rutman P-51B!  

I had one too, along with a Rutman razorback 47. Both very decent molds actually, and until a new HK or ZM version, probably the best kit shape wise out there atm. 

6 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Both HK and ZM have one in the pipeline, either of which will hopefully satisfy.

This.  So I’m not sure why people are still asking for one.  Tamiya can’t, and certainly won’t, make every kit people want them to make no matter how hard people wish.  I’m glad two companies known for good quality models have announced the kit, and I’m sure at lest one will follow through.  Time to wish for something else, I think.

Yup, Mustang III would be nice...so many I would like to do.

Xk3JjJol.jpg

I agree with Dave though, there are two promised in the pipelines from a couple of companies with good reputations. I don't see Tamiya doing it.

I guess I could start on my Rutman P-51B kit, one of the above will show up just before I finish.

Richard

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I really think that absolutely ANY new LSP that Tamiya-san comes up with will sell like hot-cakes.  A new Tamiya LSP is about the only model Id plan (and DO plan) on buying site unseen. 

A new tool Tamiya B/C P-51 LSP would be a licence to print money IMHO.  Same for a Tamiya P-38. Any LSP they come up with could arguable considered the preeminent version of whatever it is, and will sell well.

I have no clue what Tamiya-sans actual next new LSP will be; but I know Ill be buying one!   

3 hours ago, JerseyChris said:

I’ve already left a message on his answer phone for a 1/32 P-38!

You see there, Brian? I've said it so many times, that it's beginning to spread!! My plan is working perfectly.....

Keep beating that P-38 drum, Chris!

I wonder how sales of the other 1/32 WWII fighters in their range are selling for Tamiya?

If the numbers aren't that good from their expectations then they'll simply rely on re-issues of the others for their profits in the future.

Rumours are that they're giving up on 1/32 scale aircraft?

What chances of new aircraft stuff coming at all? 

No 1/32 jets from them for years now, and how much would they be in comparison with others? Not everyone can afford the higher prices of these super kits.

Perhaps the super detailed large aircraft kits that cost so much to tool are at an end from them?

Incidentally, I would love to know the sales figures of the 1/32 scale Mosquito since it came onto the market! 

Happy days anyway, we've never had it so good regardless!!!