Revell PBY-5A Catalina 1:48

shadowmare

Hi guys,

my new project is Catalina in 1:48 scale. I made some changes in interior, deleting some kind of form leftovers. I added radiooperator chair and devices, beds, and other stuff, which will maybe be visible throught small windows on center of fuselage. Overall, very nice kit with outstanding surface, full of rivets. I'm planning usual camo, Blue Gray, and Light Gray on bottom. Maybe 44-P-4 japanese fleet spotter from Midway. 

I don't know how to paint interior, yellowish Zinc Chromate or Interior Green?

GTycj0P.jpg

Jczh7Gb.jpg?2

9h7Mbui.jpg?1

EW9SnUI.jpg?1

So interior green inside, but outside in wheel bays i think that zinc chromate is possible.

21 hours ago, Wackyracer said:

great kit, just be careful of the amount of weight to keep it down. I recall my build had 300 grams in it.

Thanks for the tip, I forgot about that.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I was going to contribute to this thread, but I see that it’s died a quick death.  I’ve tried to follow so many in-progress threads only to see them just stop part way through the build.  Most frustrating.

2 hours ago, Randy said:

I was going to contribute to this thread, but I see that it’s died a quick death.  I’ve tried to follow so many in-progress threads only to see them just stop part way through the build.  Most frustrating.

I'm as guilty as anyone. I probably have 30 WiP threads here, none of which are finished.

Is this a new-ish Revell kit? I remember helping move my grandmother and found some really old models my dad and his brother had built when they were young. There as a big Catalina there as well. (my dad is 73 now!)

Too had they had all fallen apart as the plastic had become really brittle...

One of the later ones (a big orange Tamiya Porsche I remember well) built by my uncle managed to survive to this day. :)

18 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm as guilty as anyone. I probably have 30 WiP threads here, none of which are finished.

Ditto!  I am PLANNING on getting back to my Me-262 build this month.  The days just keep getting away from me.  At least, I'm not quite up to the two years it took me to finish Big Beautiful Doll!

Just saw one done up at a local show this Spring. I was so impressed with the detail on it I looked thru the vendor room for it. Found one for $60 and just couldn’t pull the trigger. It’s still tickling me tho, may end up buying it if i can get something under 50. The kit is so nicely done.

Hope we spur this one back to the bench…

Edited by themongoose