1/32 P-40N Super Scarce

Totalize

Looks like 1/32 P-40N's are as scarce as hens teeth. Hasegawa  and the Eduard Kit (rebox of Hasegawa?) are either OOP or those that are available need a king's ransom to acquire them. Are  P-40's in general popular because of all the interesting nose art they had? Tamiya would make a killing if they came out with any P-40 except the E.

What say you?

P.S. feel free to add you own cliche's to  this thread :)

Edited by Totalize

I remember the first time the N kit came out. I only picked it up because HLJ offered free shipping on your entire order if you bought one.  I think that was the only time they did something like that. So I wonder if it wasn't as popular in Japan as the other variants which may be why they have reissued as often. 

Carl

They were very rare in Europe as well. Even when they were 'available', I never saw each mark I purchased twice! I bought each one separately from different resellers and at model exhibitions. I succeeded in finding six different ones but that was far from easy. Similarly, I missed the Hasegawa Zero A6M7 as I never saw one in Europe. I know that some were imported but the number was probably even lower than the P-40s! Distribution of Hasegawa new kits is a pity... 

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

Luckymodel is still showing the 1/32 Kitty Hawk Mk.1/Mk.3 (kit 08204) as in-stock.

Rick

Do you have a link?  Searching for the kit number gives no results, and it doesn’t show up if you search for 1/32 Hasegawa.

That’s a false in-stock. 

You can make an early N out of the M kit. They came out of the plant with 4 wing guns, but all were field modified back to 6. The very late N’s were given the new high visibility canopy, but the early ones had much more interesting paint schemes. 

I have a P-40M I’m willing to sell if you are interested. I have build a few, so I don’t really need the last one.

1 hour ago, RBrown said:

Theres something very weird about that page.  Many of the buttons and graphics aren’t loading, including the availability status.  It almost seems like it’s a cached page that’s no longer active.  I’m not having problems with any other LM page, and as I said it doesn’t come up when using their search engine.