IMAM Ro43 1/32 scratch-built

baffozac

Baffozac,

Your project is amazing!

Please let me know if you need walkaround photos or close details of your subject.

I live close to Vigna di Valle AMI Museum and I'd be glad to help you if you deem so.

Please keep on sharing your progress!

Happy modelling!

Stefano

vxb4.jpg

Relics of Ro-37 at Kabul Airport. There is a lot of differences beetween the Ro-37 and the Ro-43, not only the floats.

Stefano, before I started this scratch, I asked to Special Hobby if they had planned to do this kit as they did in 1/48.

I always wait their answer.......I hope to finish mine before someone else does. Ciao !!!!

Hi Stefano, I retain your proposal, many thanks. I have dozens of close-up pictures made before (better) and after restoring like this :

fgc8.jpg

The flight manual is available on the web and very helpful as the book Ali d'Italia 12 Ro 43/44.

The french magazine Cocardes 12 has a lot of close-up pictures in the article of my friend Patrice Roman (Pavla in 1/72)

tyfp.jpg

The windscreen is glued and the seal with the fuselage made with 0,13 plastic card and Milliput, but before the windows have been protected with Bare Metal.

Archer rivets are used by strips or individually like on the canopy and the karman where I used a small ruler graduated with a Rosie.

Now, I have to protect them with a light coat of primer.

• 2 weeks later...

ytfc.jpg

With a light coat of AK758 primer the wavy effect appears better.

jfva.jpg

The central part of the upper wing under construction. More stiffeners are needed.

iryy.jpg

Steel rods are used for a good centring.

yysd.jpg

Now, I can drill.

t0l3.jpg

The four holes will be expand depending on the size of the screws or pins.