AIMS Bf 109 G-6 'Graf Special'

Pastor John

Hi everyone, yes obviously the canopy in the picture is solid resin and I hope to have clear examples in 1/48 and 1/32 for Moson but just wanted to give you an idea of the set - depicted is the 1/32 set showing Profimodeller W.Gr 21s, photo etch for the Flettner aileron tab actuators and out gear door hinges plus the outer gear bay doors. £TBC

IMGP6146.jpg

I have heard the Eduard parts are easier to use as they also include a template and are lighter but they are hardly going to supply me  so I need to include The Profimodeller product! Anyway obviously as always I tailor make orders so no problem, what I mean is if you do not want the Profimodeller parts in this set or already have the Eduard product then it is no problem - I just supply you what you need as I always try to do.

Edited by Pastor John

10 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Fully right alas!

I got the Rutman resin ones (but they were too large), the Schatton ones (they had too thick tubes and were very heavy) and the Profi ones (that are very nice but far too heavy). So, finally, I got the Eduard ones for the same reason (correct dimensions and buildable).

T.

Edited by thierry laurent

The Eduard tubes for the WR21 rockets appear out of scale due to the thickness of the lip of tube. I have emailed them several times. The metal tubes at least appear to scale at least to me. 

Looks like Ike a nice set. 

Looking forward to seeing the clear resin. 

Paul C

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

well it has been an interesting time since April when these sets became available. I only ever received half the amount of Profimodeller W.Gr 21s I paid for and never got answer to any of my emails since asking for the other half. I contacted Eduard to see if they could supply me and still no answer so I have done what I should have done from the very beginning - make my own bloody things! I love the detail of the Eduard set and the PE template for locating onto a Bf 109 was a great idea but I do think all the measurements of their tube are wrong as well as being too thick which helps casting obviously but looks wrong. Profimodeller measurements I believe are better and the brass tubing is perfect for looking thin but there is no detail and the part is heavy. So I have detailed a brass tube inside and out and filled it so only the top 8mm or so is hollow and I have a 98% casting success even with the top end being so thin. I am not doing the support arms - much better to scratch build these with wire - much stronger than the resin ones I did a test of. Photo etch will arrive at end of next week and it includes a locating plate using same idea as Eduard. Answers on a post card please!

20190703-165943.jpg1-32-W-gr-21-preview.jpg