1/32 F-4 Phantom Resin Late Exhaust Opinions?

MGySgt0372

5 hours ago, F16 said:

Well I  would suggest  the AIRES set  for F-4E,J,S, 

AIRE2009_2.JPG?t=

F16

Very nice looking set. No doubt about it. However, one pays too much cash for a set where the exhaust diameter is not much larger than the incorrect kit part. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns

19 minutes ago, MGySgt0372 said:

Very nice looking set. No doubt about it. However, one pays too much cash for a set where the exhaust diameter is not much larger than the incorrect kit part. 

I too agree its one of the nicest looking sets out there. But also agree dropping the cash for something that has one of the same issues as the OOB parts is not in the cards for me personally.

You need to take a look at the Wolfpack set.   They are very nice and have the only correct afterburner of any company,   Our GT includes the fuel dump at the bottom of the flame holder.  Expensive though at $50 a set.

you are correct,our nozzles were mastered by joe,  but we updated  tke burnet tube and rear fan a few years back.  Ours have the fuel dump i mentioned and we chose to make the flame holder part of the rear fan casting.  It saved cost  so the price is lower ( around $31 I believe) and when you look into the engine get the right visual afffect.   It is a compromise that gives one the look and the savings in one set.  Adding another part like WPack did is more correct but reflected in the high WP price.   The Eduard used PE for the flame holder, it lacks being 3D but what is nice in the set is the hook guide and lock parts you get For the tail hook up lock. These really dress up the are.

We introduced a new nozzle this winter and included them in the F-4G Super Set.  If feedback is good we will offer them as a separate engine set.   You can see these on the F-4G Tamiya item page at Sprue Brothers.

it really comes down to what you prefer and at what price.

Enjoy,  and I really need to get a hosting site soon.

Gary

ps.  If you would like a set of the new ones let me know and I will send you a set to try.  Just PM me your info.

Edited by ghatherly

On 4/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, ziggyfoos said:

A lot of the products are showing "coming soon" or "sold out" in red, but the ones that aren't (including the exhausts on page 2) are available to order again.

most of them I need are SOLD OUT :(

any chance of recasting from ViperEnforcer?

Edited by Luca

Here is older short thread on my long nozzles with very close pic of requested petal detail (weld marks of Titanium) and adding they

are the correct diameter which in fact, you have to thin the kit diameter - adding realism as the outer lip seals are strip metal.

The flameholder has the correct detail and better depth than can be offered in PE;

Nice! I ordered a few sets last week from SHM as they are the only shop that offers the correct scale diameter with the weld marks. No one else offers both of these features that I could find & the recs hear strongly pointed toward the SHM set. Thanks for your article.

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

9 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Here is older short thread on my long nozzles with very close pic of requested petal detail (weld marks of Titanium) and adding they

are the correct diameter which in fact, you have to thin the kit diameter - adding realism as the outer lip seals are strip metal.

The flameholder has the correct detail and better depth than can be offered in PE;

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 1:21 PM, phasephantomphixer said:

Thank you for ordering. Set also comes with an alignment jig placed on base of Fuselage so you don't have to capture sleeves (Per Tamiya) within fuselage during build.

Just insert them when ready and they will line up the proper angle.

Do you have a photo showing where the alignment jig fits in the fuselage?  I received my exhausts yesterday and there are no instructions.  Thanks.

For anyone contemplating “if” the replacement of the birner cans with cirrectly sized ones is worth the effort id say it totally is.

The correct size cans changes the entire look of the back end making it much beefier and really adding to the character making a really big difference.

A couple of mm doesnt sound much but it makes a massive visual difference.

Well worth the effort..

I tried to contact SHM (Viper Enforcer) several times to check the availability of further exhausts (in addition to those ordered by the site) but it never replies....I wonder if it's only with me that he doesn't reply to pm

Edited by Luca