1/32 F-4 Phantom Resin Late Exhaust Opinions?

MGySgt0372

I liked the correctly sized GT Resin J79s with long nozzles, but I preferred the exterior weld detail on the too small Aires version.

So what I did was to emboss some egg treated darkened thicker foil (the kind that small cakes or buns come in) onto the Aires petals,

then carefully peeled them off and gently pressed them down on the GT outlets. IIRC it only needed nine panels per side.

1 hour ago, seiran01 said:

Sierra Hotel exhaust, hands down - beautiful detail, AND correct diameter. They were in stock on the SH website a few days ago when I was on there, for both revell and tamiya kits

I 2nd that!  I will go with Sierra Hotel on my next build for sure.  I have some of their other items and they are all fantastic.  I did a lot of research on the cans and everyone that had SH said there were the correct size.  I just wish they had more products and kept them in stock.  I'm looking forward to your build Top...

Bryan

2 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Sierra Hotel exhaust, hands down - beautiful detail, AND correct diameter. They were in stock on the SH website a few days ago when I was on there, for both revell and tamiya kits

16 minutes ago, Durangokid said:

I 2nd that!  I will go with Sierra Hotel on my next build for sure.  I have some of their other items and they are all fantastic.  I did a lot of research on the cans and everyone that had SH said there were the correct size.  I just wish they had more products and kept them in stock.  I'm looking forward to your build Top...

Bryan

I think the detail on Joes cans/GT Resin cans are good, but maybe not quite as good as the SH option is. However, I think I have actually only seen seen SH products live and in the flesh once, at last years IPMS Nationals.   I only wish their availability was that of most other manus. 

9 hours ago, Chek said:

I liked the correctly sized GT Resin J79s with long nozzles, but I preferred the exterior weld detail on the too small Aires version.

So what I did was to emboss some egg treated darkened thicker foil (the kind that small cakes or buns come in) onto the Aires petals,

then carefully peeled them off and gently pressed them down on the GT outlets. IIRC it only needed nine panels per side.

Cool idea. I will have to keep that in mind if I can't more weld detailed cans on the exterior. Thanks. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns

Edited by MGySgt0372

Well, gents...I decided to nab a few sets from Sierra Hotels long nozzles with corrected vents because of the exterior detail that's present & mention of correct diameter. They're a few bones less costly than the other brands, which are all good in their way. I like the effect the kit (or photo etch) burner rings will provide once assembled over the blades. SH doesn't show OOS as of this writing but I wouldn't wait too long if you're in the market for an accurate appearing set of cans. Y'all know it's hard to get stock from SH sometimes. Thanks for ALL the comments & suggestions. I really appreciate the help!

Semper Fi,

Masterguns

The Sierra Hotel are by far the best, I did not mention them as are usually not available. I am glad to hear that Mike has them available. :thumbsup:

I only considered those that are readily available. If you've gotten the SH nozzles you'll be very pleased.

Barry

1 hour ago, Luca said:

the big problem with SH parts is their availability :mellow:

As mentioned earlier though, they're currently available again now. I just got mine in about a month or so ago. Their website has a few other items available to order again too.

2 hours ago, Luca said:

from their site?

YES. That's about the only place to order them from, unless you get them second hand.

Semper Fi,

Masterguns

Edited by MGySgt0372