1/32 F-4 Phantom Resin Late Exhaust Opinions?

MGySgt0372

For the Tamiya 1/32 For F-4J. Aires, Eduard/Brassin, GT, Cutting Edge, CAM, maybe more?...What's your opinion as to the most accurate late J79's & correct diameter for the Tamiya kit? I'm thinking about gettting the Brassin sets becauses they have the best castings I've seen so far with their offerings. I know Aires make some nice resin too, but I think I heard they aren't much bigger than the undersized kit parts. The CAM & GT are rough castings from the pics I've seen & lack the external details on the feathers. But resin can usually be cleaned up but I don't want to buy sets that I have to clean up for what I paid. What do you think? I apprieciate any & all input. I don't have all the sets to do a side by side comparison. Is there a thread on this also? Thanks.

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

Im by no means the Phantom SME, but IIRC  the GT Resin cans are the correct diameter, and one other option that is also the correct diameter. I just cant remember what that second brand was.  In my stash I also have a set of "Joes Cans" 79 engines for the Tam Phantom, that I got from a member there that are also the correct diameter. However it was so long ago I don't remember who Joe even is anymore. 

Im sure someone more informed on 32nd Phantoms than I will come along to list the other brand

as LSP-Ray said, GT resin, Sierra Hotel and CAM are the only corrected diameter.

Eduard Brassin have very nice and crisp details but they are slightly undersized (long ago there were images of the comparison on a dedicated thread in the gt resin section). Aires nice detailed but they are way undersized (more than Brassin ones).

Edited by Luca

I just asked this same question the other day.  I have a CAM, Cutting Edge, Aries, and one other. They all have something wrong. My out come was ordering Sierra Hotel's version!!!!! 

I have to look into the (   Joe Lortie's ones are also correctly sized (he sells/sold them on ebay). )

Cheers

2 hours ago, Luca said:

hey guys, which nickname has John Lortie on eBay? thanks.

Joe goes by fox3tornado on eBay.

As I recall the Exhaust Nozzles that GT Resin offers are the ones Joe used to sell, GT Resin has the rights to reproduce and sell them.

Barry

Roger that. I’ll check out the GT offerings then. I just want correct diameter & the correct detail on the feathers on the the outside of the van. Obviously most of you know that the long cans are not just flat. They have tiny (in the more popular scales) raised square details on them likes the Aires has for example. Thanks for all your responses!

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

I have all the different nozzles and In my opinion the Eduard's Nozzles have the best/finest detail but are a little small in diameter like the Tamiya kit nozzles.

I had done a photo comparison here a numbers of years ago but all the pics are gone courtesy of Photo Bucket and I can't find my originals.

Barry

8 minutes ago, Barry said:

I have all the different nozzles and In my opinion the Eduard's Nozzles have the best/finest detail but are a little small in diameter like the Tamiya kit nozzles.

I had done a photo comparison here a numbers of years ago but all the pics are gone courtesy of Photo Bucket and I can't find my originals.

Barry

Thanks, Barry. I appreciate your input. 

I remember just seeing within the last month or so another old thread from googling exhausts for this kit that I thought was on LSP that had some surviving photos post-Photobucket fiasco but now I can't find it. There was a clear photo showing the differences in diameter between what those exhausts that were based on the same sized as the kit versions compared to the bigger/correct sized ones as placed on the kit (those looked much better, such that I want to dump my Eduard ones and keep only the Sierra Hotel ones I have). It may have been in GT's sub-forum? Or maybe it was on another site entirely. bugging me now I can't find it again.

Edited by ziggyfoos