Saab Gripen E (NG) fully scratchbuild 1/25

HerculesPA_2

Friends, as I did not like the final result of the turkish petals of the F414 engine

from my Saab Gripen scratchbuild on the 1/25 scale, I reworked the work of this time producing each separate petal (are 10 units)

in 0.30mm aluminum. It was a work that involved geometry, math and much study of photos of the part of this engine,

but with a much better result! I hope you have inspired your friends to produce 100% scratchbuild models.

7vrg.jpg

This is old exit exaust...

jsol.jpg

fm7g.jpg

xp56.jpg

n3ve.jpg

Thank you guys!!!

Hercules de Araujo

from Brasil

5 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Stunning - but are you sure about the front landing gear, Hercules? Doesn't the Gripen have a straight leg with rather small dual wheels?

The legacy version of gripen i.e versions A-D has the dual nose wheels.

This however depicts the new E version  which has new types of landing gears (both nose and main) among other things.

Very nicely done Hercules. Love it.

(b.t.w. I work at SAAB where the first Gripen E destined for Brazil has begun assembly)

/Johan

Hello friends of Plastimodelismo and scratchbuild. Finished the Gripen E in the 1/25 scale produced in polystyrene plastic, radar radome balsa wood and subalar tank, resin in the reproduction of the main wheel and acetate vacumm form of the canopy, aluminum of the Turkish petals and structure in MDF.

The project cost me a month and the construction 4 months in the scratchbuild technique. It was not easy since there is not a good descriptive plan of the new SAAB fighter. I had to unfold and take as a basis the C / D model plant and adapt it into an art in three low resolution views of the E model, but that was not easy.

The design itself was elaborated in CorelDraw later designed the constructive parts of the model and finally engraved in a pendrive for the cut of the plastic and MDF in a friend that does this service of cut of the pieces in laser.

As there were mistakes on my part in the preparation of the project I had to make adjustments in the construction with a satisfactory result. I produced a master wheel for copying with silicone mold and later produced two main wheels.

I also made an array to pull the heat the canopy. I made all the markings on the fuselage in relief of the rivets. I made the exhaust nozzle of the engine GE F-414 in plastic but I did not like the result, refiz in 0.30mm aluminum obeying the photos I have of what we call "Turkish petals". Lastly the techniques of paint with wash among others. I produced two South African / Brazilian A-DARTER manufacturing missiles with magnets to attach them to the wooden wing tips rails and 0.5mm polystyrene plastic fins and translucent acrylic tip. About the painting I have to wait for the definition of the FAB since I intend to do in the official colors, as everything is speculation I prefer to wait for the official photos. There are many more details to mention but I am willing to ask questions of friends and waiting for more colleagues to go through scratcbuild.

big hug to all

lbuw.jpg

xmwv.jpg

50dw.jpg

k1h7.jpg

8dk0.jpg

3 hours ago, flarpen said:

A versão legada do gripen, ou seja, versões AD tem as duas rodas do nariz.

No entanto, isso descreve a nova versão E, que tem novos tipos de trens de aterrissagem (nariz e cano principal), entre outras coisas.

Muito bem feito Hércules. Adoro.

(aqui eu trabalho na SAAB, onde o primeiro Gripen E destinado ao Brasil começou a montagem)

/ Johan

Hello Johan, I would like contact you for more informations about Gripen E... would be?

Thanks so much

Hercules de Araujo