Jump to content

WNW 10 Year Anniversary Special Price Deals


Recommended Posts

Sale is killing me, too. We are looking at moving and I just look at my stash and how I will need a separate truck just for that. But I broke down and pre-ordered a G.1 floatplane and late Halberstadt. So when it arrives, I have to make sure all the knives are out of reach for awhile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DeanKB

I looked at the sale, and filled my basket with 10 kits. All those huge discounts!

 

Then I looked at my stash.

 

Then I emptied my basket, and reminded myself to stop being a bloody idiot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DeanKB
56 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

A stronger man than me, Dean!

Maybe, but I checked the old stash and I've 61 WNW kits. That's boxes - several have multiple kits in them, so I have approaching 70 WNW aeroplane kits, waiting to be constructed. And multiple Revell, Hasegawa, Silver Wings, Trumpeter, Special Hobby, Roden, etc kits. Enough to, rather amazingly, make the WNW kits less than a quarter of the stash.

 

To add to that lunacy, even at great prices, would really be quite stupid of me.

 

I was tempted, though.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I would say my stash is around 1000 between AFV's, LSP's, SciFi, and misc. I am worried at my current rate of completing a model once every two years I may not make it through the stash! I am hoping to up the rate, though, but even at 12 a year I am going to have a tough time I am afraid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like others who've posted here, I was really interested in a couple of the WNW sale kits. I was just about to hit "buy" when I went downstairs and reviewed all the unbuilt kits in my closet. I know what's in there, but actually standing in front of a closet full of kits and handling the half-dozen WNW kits I already have was a good reality check. As tempting as this sale is, I decided to pass. I don't want to eventually saddle my kids with more unbuilt model kits than I've already got. I haven't completely sworn off buying new kits, but they're going to have to be subjects I really, really want, not subjects that are just sort of interesting and happen to be on sale for a good price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DeanKB
5 minutes ago, edfifer said:

Like others who've posted here, I was really interested in a couple of the WNW sale kits. I was just about to hit "buy" when I went downstairs and reviewed all the unbuilt kits in my closet. I know what's in there, but actually standing in front of a closet full of kits and handling the half-dozen WNW kits I already have was a good reality check. As tempting as this sale is, I decided to pass. I don't want to eventually saddle my kids with more unbuilt model kits than I've already got. I haven't completely sworn off buying new kits, but they're going to have to be subjects I really, really want, not subjects that are just sort of interesting and happen to be on sale for a good price.

Good man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Well, I would say my stash is around 1000 between AFV's, LSP's, SciFi, and misc. I am worried at my current rate of completing a model once every two years I may not make it through the stash! I am hoping to up the rate, though, but even at 12 a year I am going to have a tough time I am afraid.

 

1,000???

 

I try to finish a kit a month...  That is try.... I'm not always successful.  At my current rate I could complete your stash in 83 years.  I turned 53 a week and a half ago...lol

 

Gaz

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s great to read these posts- I can so relate. Even though it’s a great sale and I want to buy, I am finding it hard to help them move their stock to my stash. Can’t really justify buying unless it’s something I don’t have or really want. Argh! Should have waited for an AEG! Do I really want an eindecker? 

 

The new Gothas aren’t discounted yet are they? 

 

Keep up the replies guys! ‘you are not alone’!

 

:help::frantic::hmmm::BANGHEAD2::blowup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

 

 

I just wish there was something on the site that I wanted.....................

 

Not that there is nothing I want, but nothing that peaks my interest enough to drop over $100 as everything else I dont really like that much or already have. :( 

Ive been trying to curtail my spending with the wedding coming up. There is just too much other stuff Id like to build and buy, even as nice as WnW kits are overall.  

 

It may or may not ever happen, but as soon as WnW comes out with a smaller/more used seaplane, and/or comes out with our Spad or DR.1, Ill be dropping cash for sure.  

+1

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gazzas said:

 

1,000???

 

I try to finish a kit a month...  That is try.... I'm not always successful.  At my current rate I could complete your stash in 83 years.  I turned 53 a week and a half ago...lol

 

Gaz

Lol, that definitely varies on my end. When I came back to the hobby in 2016, i completed 8 kits, in 2017...12 kits, 2018...7 (but have 11 started), so far in 2019 I have completed 2 armor kit, and have 11 I’m working on, soon to start the Beaufighter too. But this year is on track for finishing at least 14. Although I do take in more than I build, my stash is leveling off, since my bucket list of kits in nearly full, except for new kits coming out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have several hundred kits, but I do look at it a bit different than most modelers.  I do things as an investment.  There has been so much stuff I have found for cheap because someone either just didn't want it anymore or they had no clue what they had.  I have also bought several subjects just because I know they go up in value.  About six years ago I got in a huge bind after a relationship break up.  I ended up auctioning a small portion of my LeMans kits and got around $9,000.  Some kits I had gotten early when the yen was low.  Others I had gotten through trades.  Overall I would say I made about $4,000 after accounting for what I originally spent.  That's some good change. 

 

I know what some of you are thinking.  That makes me a collector and I am part of the reason prices go so high.  Well, I am a builder.  I get every kit for the hope of eventually building it, but sometimes life as well as interests change.  WnW kits have always been a good investment.  Now that they are reissuing kits albeit in different schemes, the prices should come down a bit.  I once saw a Albatros DV with the Bavarian markings go for almost $600 on fleaBay.  Anyway, my point is pay $136ish on an AEG.  Odds are it won't be issued again soon.  Sure someone would pay $225-$250 or even more if you needed to sell it in a pinch. 

Edited by nichenson
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Well, I would say my stash is around 1000 between AFV's, LSP's, SciFi, and misc. I am worried at my current rate of completing a model once every two years I may not make it through the stash! I am hoping to up the rate, though, but even at 12 a year I am going to have a tough time I am afraid.

 

Interesting. I really have no idea at all how many kits I have and I'm not real sure I even want to know. Like you, between aircraft, armor, ships, sci-fi and misc., I have far too much now, but I'm sure I'll be getting more anyway, though I do tend to be a lot more selective nowadays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

 

Interesting. I really have no idea at all how many kits I have and I'm not real sure I even want to know. Like you, between aircraft, armor, ships, sci-fi and misc., I have far too much now, but I'm sure I'll be getting more anyway, though I do tend to be a lot more selective nowadays.

I'm in a very similar place Kevin. I too tend to be a lot more selective nowadays. I have more than a lifetime of kits in the stash, especially in 1/48th scale, but I went with the late Felixstowe as it's a kit I've wanted for a long time. I'd probably have bought one or two more but for me the real killer is the 30% exchange rate between the CDN and US dollar. Maybe that's a blessing in disguise!

 

Cheers,

Wolf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...