WNW 10 Year Anniversary Special Price Deals

Aerobat

On 4/2/2019 at 1:49 AM, DeanKB said:

Plus £8 to Parcel force, plus 20% to HMRC.

Not that cheap anymore!

Just got hit with that today! 

Well i can’t say I wasn’t warned.

Don’t   these b****rs have an agent over here?

On 4/3/2019 at 10:08 PM, Dpgsbody55 said:

I have bought the WNW Junkers D1.  It's going to be my intro kit into the world of WW1 models.  I have 2 other WnW kits in my stash, but the rigging is off-putting. :wacko:  But I didn't buy from the sale sites, as they were more expensive. 

I looked at buying the D1 and the Fokker DVII as well, but with postage added, the D1 was about AUD$200 at my door, and (get this) the DVII was about AUD$450, thanks to postage from the US being in the order of $200.  'Er Indoors would have gone :blowup:and I can't say I disagree.

So in the end, I bought from BNA Model World instead at AUD$138 at my door.  Alas they didn't have the DVII, and I can't build either right now anyway, so that's a purchase I will save for another day.  It pays to shop around.  :)

Cheers,

Michael

Holy crap!!!

3 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I managed to avoid ordering anything. At all.

Very proud.

Me too. I debated, but I have absolutely no interest in the real bargains (e.g., Felixstowe), and I have several unbuilt WNW kits of the more mainstream subjects already which, at my current build rate, will last until I'm over 100 years old.

2 hours ago, edfifer said:

Me too. I debated, but I have absolutely no interest in the real bargains (e.g., Felixstowe), and I have several unbuilt WNW kits of the more mainstream subjects already which, at my current build rate, will last until I'm over 100 years old.

Exactly!!

I've got, ahem, 72 WNW kits, of which 3 are Felixstowe's, with a HP O/400 and Gotha UWD on backorder. So ordering any more - at whatever price - will only add to the already too big stash.

And 230 other 1/32 kits.

I was still tempted.

8 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

I placed my rather hefty order ($556 total, $93.00 shipping to US) on the 1st, confirmed shipping message from them on the 9th, with unuseable tracking number, a couple messages to them requesting update with no reply, no package and sale about over now...

Once the package starts to leave New Zealand on its way to the US, that customs number will show up on the USPS website.  There are very few packages that the USPS won't track if it has a customs number.  Mine just popped up on their system today.  Hopefully, within two weeks, I should have it.  I would say they got bombarded and some of the larger boxes didn't make it out of the warehouse until the end.

I ordered a Richtofhen Albatros at the beginning of the sale.  It arrived 7 days after it shipped from NZ (to East Coast USA).  I ordered two more that should arrive this week if that’s any indicator.  Kind of bummed b/c I wrestled between the E.I and E.IV, settling on the E.I.

A day later, Sprue Bros offered the Immelman E.II cheap, so I got that, which is almost the same as the E.I...

First World Problems!

Edited by fmatthews

6 hours ago, nichenson said:

Once the package starts to leave New Zealand on its way to the US, that customs number will show up on the USPS website.  There are very few packages that the USPS won't track if it has a customs number.  Mine just popped up on their system today.  Hopefully, within two weeks, I should have it.  I would say they got bombarded and some of the larger boxes didn't make it out of the warehouse until the end.

Thanks, I agree figuring they are swamped. Just ran tracking # USPS and it states "Label created, not yet in system" so just hafta see...

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

I could not get the WNW site to work with PayPal.  Dumb bunny thing dove off to PayPal before calculating and including shipping. Infinite loop after that.  So they get to keep 4 kits.

Rick

Same for me, Paypal kept defaulting to pay from my bank rather than my balance.  WNW said that this was the issue but I wasn't able to set it to anything else and I just ended up paying with a card.