WNW 10 Year Anniversary Special Price Deals

Aerobat

Oh bugger, logged in, had a look, put a DH9 and Felixstowe in the basket to get a price for delivery and somehow I've purchased both!

How did that happen?

Can I say, I was happy before I read about the sale but now I hate Wingnut Wings and I especially hate LSP, for bringing the offer to my notice, as without both, I'd have a little more money in my account instead of just a warm glow, inside of me!

Interesting to see what kits are discounted, and which ones are not. Also the depth of discounts on some of these kits is a pretty good indicator of what is selling well, and what the slow movers are. I noticed there was $10 off the camel but $100 of the felixstowe.

I have bought the WNW Junkers D1.  It's going to be my intro kit into the world of WW1 models.  I have 2 other WnW kits in my stash, but the rigging is off-putting. :wacko:  But I didn't buy from the sale sites, as they were more expensive. 

I looked at buying the D1 and the Fokker DVII as well, but with postage added, the D1 was about AUD$200 at my door, and (get this) the DVII was about AUD$450, thanks to postage from the US being in the order of $200.  'Er Indoors would have gone :blowup:and I can't say I disagree.

So in the end, I bought from BNA Model World instead at AUD$138 at my door.  Alas they didn't have the DVII, and I can't build either right now anyway, so that's a purchase I will save for another day.  It pays to shop around.  :)

Cheers,

Michael

5 hours ago, is it windy yet? said:

Interesting to see what kits are discounted, and which ones are not. Also the depth of discounts on some of these kits is a pretty good indicator of what is selling well, and what the slow movers are. I noticed there was $10 off the camel but $100 of the felixstowe.

Ya I noticed that the Camels weren't even all at the same sale price. Even though they all retail for the same (80), some are on sale for only 60 and others 70.

I'm a bit of a lightweight obviously. There only are around six in my stash (about three crates worth), and I finish about four kits a year. My problem is where to put the finished models, especially now I've got an appetite for 1/32 scale! I've no idea where the Revell He 219 is going to go when I'm done. It would be a shame to  have to put them away in the garage.

Shocked to see the 4 new figure kits going for $69, $20 off -  and only recently launched?

Having said that, I think it confirms my general belief that the overlap between aeroplane models and figure painting is pretty small.

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

The figures are quite nice.  I just might try painting one.  If I cannot get the face correct then I will just add a helmet with a visor..

Rick

Or just lob the head off - decapitations must have been quote common flying in an aeroplane made of wood and linen?

My will keeps wavering. I've got the Fe.2 in my cart, along with the post-war Bristol, but still haven't gotten them.  Money is tight, so really shouldn't.  Yeah, it's a fantastic deal, but I'll just have to live with the kits I've got.  Easier that way that building more stash.

Matt 

I had to pick up a DH.2 and the Eindeckers were so cheap at $49, I couldn’t say no.  i had coincidentally bought the Duelling set (no box) with those off eBay for a little more the day before the sale was announced, but when it arrived, it was missing the entire Dh.2 and 1/2 of the E III.  Needless to say, I got a refund and applied it on these two.

Edited by fmatthews